Comodo Firewall 3 & PGP Desktop

Hi everyone.

I run a small office with about 10 computers. We use PGP Universal Server 2.9 in conjunction with PGP Desktop 9.9 to encrypt our email and whole disk encrypt our laptops. Recently, we switched from another anti-virus/firewall solution to Comodo Firewall Pro 3.

Everything went well, but then I came in to work about a week or two ago and almost everyone was having issues receiving email. After some initial troubleshooting, I assumed it was Comodo’s firewall messing with the emails. I allowed PGP Desktop as a trusted application in as many areas as I could find in Comodo before finally disabling Comodo. Neither option worked, so I borrowed one users laptop and unistalled Comodo completely. This users computer was still unable to receive email.

I was fed up with it at this point and did a reformat of one of the users computer. Comodo Firewall Pro 3 was not reinstalled. Even THIS did not solve the issue.

I suppose my real question is that do I have to do extensive cleanup of Comodo Firewall Pro 3 (the free version by the way) even AFTER I uninstall it? And if so, how do I go about doing that?

I am sure you may need much more information than this to properly respond, so just let me know and I will give what I can. Thanks.