Comodo Firewall 3.8.65951.477 causes PunkBuster kick

After updating Comodo this morning,I can’t play Call of Duty 4 because Punkbuster kicks me in 1 minute with error saying : Unknown windows api function.[Code 131107] Some of my friends who have Comodo got this problem after update too.When I uninstalled it,problem solved but I want to use it,because it’s really a good product. :-\

Yup, got exactly the same thing. Came here to post it, but you beat me too it.

Hope something will be done soon or im going to have to look else where for a firewall which is a shame cus this is a good product.

Hi
I have the same problem since this mornings update! I hope someone comes up with a solution or I will be looking for a new firewall too!

Read this thread:

https://forums.comodo.com/firewall_bugs/commodo_upgrade_and_windows_vista-t34858.0.html

I have windows Xp not vista…

It’s a buggy upgrade and probably doesn’t work correctly with both Vista and XP

I have the same problem with Comodo Firewall version 477 and Punkbuster… the problem exists in version 471 too if i reinstall the older version. Deactivation of defence+ does not fix the problem. Comodo Antivirus is not installed.

I use Windows XP Home with SP3 and all updates.

Same problem appeared after updating today. clean installation and rollback to previous version with settings import doesn’t help.

Comodo Firewall 477, Win XP SP3 with latest updates

Hi, I also get kicked from punkbuster.
I’m a pro gamer so I uninstalled COMODO… :‘(
I want to know if this bug will be fix soon…
I was running Comodo Firewall 477 with Win XP SP3 with latest updates
I’ve found another topic:
https://forums.comodo.com/help_for_v3/a_note_to_gamers-t20008.0.html
but doesn’t solve… :’(

Did a search for punk buster, no results so I posted this thread: https://forums.comodo.com/firewall_bugs/conflict_with_punk_buster_since_last_update_26th_sept_09-t35748.0.html

Same problem.

I use Windows XP SP3 with all updates. After installing the last COMODO update (3.8.65951.477) Punkbuster keeps kicking me from COD4. I have no antivirus in my “Windows Games” or other programs that may interfer. My brother has the same problem now with his PC and he uses Windows XP SP2. I have already posted a bug report also to punkbuster suport.

Another poster in another thread stated that he/she found that the conflict with the upgrade was with Ad-Aware. I have no idea if this is true, but I did report it to Support.

Why punkbuster detects CIS and doesn’t detect cssdll32.dll of comodo safe surf? :o

I think i’ve found a fix.

1)under the firewall choose Define new trusted application
2)choose browse
3)locate PnkBstrA and PnkBstrB

These files were located in the following file path for me.

C:\Windows\SysWOW64

file palth might be different for you. dont realy know. But after adding these i have not been kicked.

It COULD also be due to disabling AdAware from running.

Hope this works.

Plow.

no It DOES NOT WORK for me ;( I had already set both as trusted applications!

Maybe PB has sorted the problem, wasnt kicked yesterday.

Define New Trusted is a firewall setting, not D+.
Just asking if you defined as trusted in that section of CIS?

Same problem today… I have all Pb services in trusted applicattions in firewall and in defense+… but not working

(:AGY)

WORKAROUND…(I think)

Getting the same 131107 Punkbuster error with COD4 as everyone else. After trying some things, I think I found a workaround. I haven’t been kicked off COD4 once I did it.

1. Open Comodo Firewall
  2. Click the Defense+ icon
  3. Click the Advanced button (left side of screen)
  4. Click the Defense+ Settings link
  5. Enable “Deactivate the Defense+ permanently” option
  6. Reboot

The Defense+ side of Comodo does something that Punkbuster does not like. This option does not shut down the Firewall side of Comodo. I also noticed that the there are five Punkbuster related files that do not seem to stay in the My Own Safe Files. I don’t know if this is related to the issue. I’ll leave that to Punkbuster and Comodo to figure out.

Oreo1968

It appears to work for me!!!

I have played 7 minutes without beeing kicked

Thanks!!