Comodo Firewall 3.0 + other Comodo apps

Hi, today I just installed Comodo Firewall 3.0 and I am wondering if I need Comodo Antivirus and Comodo Anti-Malware alongside Comodo Firewall 3.0. Comodo Firewall 3.0 says it blocks viruses and other malware, but then, why is there an antivirus and anti-malware program? Im confused…

Hi raazman

Welcome to the Comodo Forums

It is advisable to have a good Anti-virus and Anti-malware alongside CFP-3. This gives you a layered protection. I am using Comodo Antivirus and Comodo BoClean as well as Comodo Memory Firewall. I feel as if my protection is as good as it gets.

John

Hi, I’m currently using Zone Alarm Security Suite. I am planning on switiching to Comodo’s products though. Is this a good idea? Are Comodo’s products better than ZoneAlarm Security Suite? If yes, I would like to know which products are needed to have complete protection, ie. firewall, anti-virus, anti-spyware, anit-malware, im security, parental controls, email protection, identity protection, application internet access, etc. I am sort of confused (:TNG) with the software selection and what is needed to be installed. Any input will be greatly appreciated.

raazman

Hi,

If you rather experienced user to answer correctly to HIPS alerts, Comodo Firewall along with Comodo Memory Firewall should be enough.

Will Comodo Firewall and Comodo Memory Firewall be sufficient to protect me from viruses, spyware, malware and all the other things I mentioned? Is Comodo Firewall an all-in-one application? What are the other products like Comodo Antivirus for? Is that just a standalone anti-virus?

ok after some research, I have come to the conlusion of using Comodo Firewall 3.0, BOClean, Avira AntiVir, and SuperAntiSpyware. Are these application sufficient enough? If I have BOClean, do I need anitvir? And also, will all of these be superior to zonealarm’s security suite? I am reall confused right now and need help quick. Thanks

raazman

You don’t need BOClean when using Avira. I suggest using Avira Premium and not the free one. Well worth the money for one of the top scoring and best over all av’s out there. I am using Comodo 3.0 along with Avira Premium and its runs very light. I also use SAS free on demand. ZA is past its prime. Its very heavy and bloated. Seperate security program are a better choice then all in ones.

right now im going for all free programs, thats why i came to comodo (also heard its firewall was excellent). So the free version of avira only does antivirus, any suggestions on what i should use?

Nothing wrong with Using all freeware as has been said for an experienced user Using CFP3 CMf and CBO should be enough how ever I would suggest at least one AV I am using Norton for Av of which there are better (old habits can be hard to break)

I would research the AV programs and select what you believe is the best Using the “best of” can be diffficult but often you will end up with a very strong suite

unfortunately you will often have many differences of opinon

OD

Ps The one thing I would recommend is make sure you maintain good back going bake at least a month or two to cover your ■■■. This has been learned from experiance not just reading.

http://www.av-comparatives.org/ Have a look here and you will see why i use Avira. Its only $20.

AEC TrustPort AV WS 99,8%
AVIRA AntiVir PE Premium 99,6%
G DATA SecurityAntiVirusKit (AVK) 99,5%

Here are the top (3) for On-demand comparative Feb 2008 if you are interested

OD