COMODO Firewall 3.0.19.318 has been released !

Very nice work! :slight_smile: I’m sure you guys can probably optimize the GUI and startup even more. :slight_smile:

Everything will be left untouched after the update :slight_smile:

Has the k9 problem beeb solved? https://forums.comodo.com/empty-t19751.0.html

I am so happy. i am home now and updated my Comodo. My GUI is fixed. … :BNC. Now I have the perfect pair. Comodo and Avira.

Glad to hear :slight_smile:

We will continue to improve our products and listen to you - our users!

Melih

I have a feeling that Mr. Melih has more work to do than usual ;D And then he will come back with a ■■■■ (:KWL)

Can anyone confirm this?:

Open Image Execution Control Settings dialog → switch to Files To Check tab → press Apply == unresponsive/hanged cfp.exe

No problems here I repeated the above three times.
Dennis

Done that. Everythings fine :slight_smile:

Great work on fixing the GUI issue guys :slight_smile: Update went smoothly! :slight_smile:

Josh.

So what do you guys think about Sandboxie? Having Avira Premium and Comodo 3.0 keeps me well safe but I hear alot of good things about Sandboxie.

All is fine here…

[b]IMPROVED![/b]The default configuration has been updated to protect more resources
It would be nice to mention what exactly changes took place. If i'm right, existing config cannot be upgraded (to cover more resources) during update.

If so, there are three ways:

1. starting to build computer security policy from scratch (because you want to protect more resources anyway)
  2. not paying attention about protecting more resourses
  3. find out manually, comparing each setting one by one

Anyway, here are new resources that i found out (in case someone will find it useful), though only developer knows for sure, i only guessing:

• new group under “my protected files”: Windows Management, which contains entry \Device\NamedPipe\atsvc (to add it to your settings, simply copy-paste title)

• group Windows Management under “my protected com interfaces” contains new entry {5CE34C0D-0DC9-4C1F-897C-DAA1B78CEE7C}

• group important keys under “my protected registry keys” contains new entry \SOFTWARE\Classes\CLSID

• minor change: group “all applications” → access rights → interprocess memory accesses → ask, allowed applications: %windir%\system32\ctfmon.exe

Thank you very, very much for your effort.
And please developers make complete changelog, because after update I dont have above changes, must do it manually as goodbrazer sugested.

Good Day Melih,

I would also like to know if this update fixes the Chkdsk bug…

Could Melih Please answer this question?..

Thank You Very Much.

Roberta

PS:
Like most other users, I also believe that Comodo should release a Far better changelog…
Melih, could You Please comment on this?..

Thanks for kind words, but without gibran and grue155 i wouldn’t be able to find out all that… sorry i can’t tell you why at the moment.

I updated via the internal updater directly from 3.0.18 and don’t have anything those :o :frowning:

Ummm has the CHKDisk Bug been fixed? alot of us are wondering about this…

and A complete change log would be great…

Look on the main page. I never use CHK disk anyways. No reason to.

Thank you all for your work,
Short question: I don’t have “\Device\NamedPipe\atsvc” - when I purge, it’s gone.
Is this a temporary device, or can I live without protecting it?
Thanks again.
EDIT: - Task Scheduler is automatic/running, but only for prefetch purposes.

unfortunately for me this version once again fails to give me ‘true stealth’ with a default installation. I had no such problems with the earlier versions so I’m afraid it’s back to them for me.

just can’t achieve the same success with your last few releases even though I never modify any settings.

Mike.