comodo error 1625 sys policy error

Yes, please. But as clean install. When I modified hosts for RC version, internal updater did the job flawlessly and I’ve got 7036 after two reboots. But it’s RC and according to users here, it won’t update to a normal 7036 version, so I’m staying with 6882 for the time being.

I sure hope Comodo isn’t dropping support for win 7. (they did write both 6882 & 7036, didn’t they?)

That was also what I was thinking…

Once an OS is (even slightly) damaged then you have to restore it by re-installing or re-imaging it.
Sorry but that’s the only solution.

Re-instaling OS is out of the question for me at this point in time. I won’t accept that as the solution for not being able to install the latest CIS.

Thanks for detailed information!
My Win7 admin account didn’t (and doesn’t) have the “credentials” to delete empty COMODO folder from Scheduled Tasks (emptied by CIS Uninstaller) in betweeen clean reinstalls, and neither CIS Uninstaller could remove it, maybe this is the reason of this error with policies during install v7036? Main Administrator account is disabled and I didn’t try this way yet. I’m aware that my OS isn’t the freshest there is (lasts already a couple of years but it’s stable)… :slight_smile:

For me, over-installing on 6882 didn’t work (policy error), nor did standalone install. Also online install threw this error. I used CIS uninstaller in between every time, to be sure I’m starting clean. Importing config works from 7036 onto 6882 and the other way around as well. But internal updating from 6882 to 7036RC was the only option for me to be able to use the newest CIS for now.

running win7prof sp1:
I removed (working well)cispremium_v12.0.0.6882
ran ciscleanuptool_x86_v30041 as directed
attempted to run standalone/cispremium_only_installer_130721_e0.exe, which is cispremium_v12.2.2.7036.exe.
About halfway to finish, I get the error: "comodo error 1625 sys policy error " & installer will only quit.
I can re-install v12.0.0.6882 without ANY complaint/problem/error !!!
What is the change in 7036 that causes this policy error??

online installer insists on my removing current Comodo which I will not do online…
I tried this once & saw internet action w/o protection.

now Comodo just popped up showing "updates are ready to be installed
Version 12.0.0.6882 (Hotfix)05 August 2019)
Really???

Did you try to log-on as Administrator on your Windows 7 and install CIS premium from there?

see attached;
I believe I am an/the administrator on my personal cptr,but I may be wrong?
Do I need to somehow log on in some other way?

It seems you already are an Administrator on your system. Normally that should work to install CIS premium correctly, however unfortunately it does not work for you on your system for some reason.

GearDoc47, did the installer leave behind a log file? It may be in %temp% folder.

GearDoc47,

“Error #1625 is a Windows error that comes up during installation if a security policy on the computer has been enabled.”

Could you please try these steps?
You need to have Administrator rights.

Method 1:

1. Click on Start and type gpedit.msc and then press Enter
  2. Select Administrative Templates under Computer Configuration
    2.1 Double-click on Windows Components
    2.1.1 Double-click on Windows Installer
  • Go to Turn off Windows Installer and double-click on it to change the current state. It should be in Not Configured state. Click OK.
    Please retry installing the CIS version 7036

Method 2:

1. Click Start, type regedit and press Enter.
    Locate the following:
    HKLM\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\Installer
    Create: DisableMSI Type: REG_DWORD value = 0
  2. Browse to HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Installer\Products
    Delete the CIS related key.
    Please retry installing the CIS version 7036

Regards,
H.

Both already set. did no good.
There is no “Go to Turn off Windows Installer” item to click, only the “Windows Installer” tab.
I still get the Error #1625
I’ll try again & check for the log file

see attached

Hello GearDoc47,

Please check with this :
Start → Group Policy\Local Computer Policy\Computer Configuration\Administrative Templates\Windows Components\Window Installer\Double click them click edit and there you can see the option to turn off of the Windows Installer->Disable.
Have a nice day!If you need help Please feel free to contact us.

Kind Regards,
PD

V12.2.2.7036 (Firewall only) on Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit

Trying to help GearDoc47 …

I’ve checked the “Group Policy - Windows Installer - Turn off Windows Installer” and “HKLM\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\Installer” settings on my system but both are not there, see attached screenshots.
Maybe this is due to Ultimate version, that I don’t know.

GroupPolicyWindowsInstaller.jpg is identical to what I have,

HKLM\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\Installer i have attached “disable msi”

I couldn’t find the answer to this question:

Is your Windows 7 Prof SP1 a 32-bit or a 64-bit version?

right! :embarassed:
32-bit

Thank you for your answer, I already thought so.

Now, the following question goes to the mods…

Could it be that Windows 7 32-bit is also affected like Windows 10 32-bit which is also having some issues?