Comodo Dragon ver 8.0.0.2 beta is now available for download

Comodo Dragon Beta 8.0.0.2 is now available for beta testing and should not be used on production systems. The beta can download from the following link:

http://download.comodo.com/dragon/beta/DragonSetup.exe

New in this version:

IMPROVED: Chromium 8.0.552.215 core is used

Known issues:

• “Update now” button is missing from “About” dialog
  • Google Chrome themes are not supported.

Kind regards,
Vadym.

good work guys!

Thanks! Just updated. :slight_smile:

Looking good!

[attachment deleted by admin]

Thanks for the update! :slight_smile: :-TU

Moving along quite nicely

Getting in pace with the source faster and faster :-TU

Yes! I was was happy to see the jump from 6 to 8. :smiley:

Is Dragon ever going to support themes?

The default theme is so horrible that I can’t use it. It hurts my eyes and feelings. I see versions passing and no change when many people have said the same about the theme.

Dude, I don’t know what you are talking about.
These screenshots were made with the latest beta version. I say that they make the browser look nice.
https://forums.comodo.com/news-announcements-feedback-cd/comodo-dragon-looks-fine-to-me-t61563.0.html;msg470670#msg470670

Dude, I see you don’t know what I’m talking about. Those themes are still the same ■■■■. THE BUTTONS, THE TABS, THE ICONS are awful, unprofessional, ugly, every element is fail. You better ask for help tp some friend to buy you clothes if that is your taste.

Uninstalling beta 8. When you guys decide to make some decent normal looking browser call me. This is ugly and one/two versions behind chromium with little security or privacy advantages.

Edit: Please Remember To Follow Forum Policy

It’s beauty over performance to you, then. I don’t see anything wrong with that. Heck, I even respect your decision.
I admit that it’s not so pretty but it still has a nice to it.
I mean, think about this way, later you might care less about how the browser looks like but more of how fast it loads and performs, right?

one/two versions behind chromium with little security or privacy advantages.
This is an internet security company, so I don't see where you are getting with that remark. Old version or new version, they can still have equal or better security.

Please re-read the Forum Policy guys.

On-topic: Guys, this 8 version loads instantly. Now, I am more enthusiastic to reboot my computer whenever, knowing that CD will still load quickly

P.S. I understand, but in no means was I trying to make a flame/troll, merely a casual argument. I am just replying to the comment to make a good point about CD.

Off-topic/Meaningless banter: There is this theme that I would like someone that know how to mod to make it available for the chrome/CD. Simply showing an SS of the competition wouldn’t really be a good idea.

https://tools.google.com/chrome/intl/en/themes/index.html

Here you can download/install the themes here…

Jake

Thanks, I appreciate it.

One problem is that the Wii theme is for Firefox only, so far. I can’t find one in the extensions, under Theme. Basically looking for someone that can modify it to work with Chromium/CD.

[attachment deleted by admin]

I’m sorry; I didnt read your post correctly; Let me re-read it again.
Can you PM me in detail what you are trying to do?

Jake

Hi I am not joining in to your arguement, but I do think their is better ways of having your opinion. Going by the comments above I guess you can make a non ugly, very professional theme for Dragon yourself and have a beautiful Comodo Dragon. My real guess is that it is not really about themes but the actual Gui layout that you don’t like which in that case no theme will fix that. As far as Security, I have said this before so sorry for repeating but newer versions are not always about security. An old version can have minor updates to help with Security and be as secure as a later version. E.G. To this day Opera still recommend an older version of their Browser for older systems, they are not very likely to do this if it is not secure. Note Imo Comodo Dragon has great Security and Privacy. Thanks and Kind regards.

Honestly, captainsticks, I can’t say much more than to applaud. Well said. :slight_smile:

I am anticipated for the Stable (Available to the public) Release.

Thanks Megamanx. Yes the Stable should be a good browser worth waiting for. Kind regards.