Comodo Dragon ver 4.1.1.12 is now available for download

Just got the new version. VERY NICE :-TU :-TU :-TU :-TU :-TU

hey men, the latest version of Chroimum Stable is v.5.0.375.70.

I hope CD upgrade to this version, soon.

Comodo Dragon and Google Chrome are similar browsers both using Chromium, yet there are distinct differences between the two.
Just because the version number is different in CD from Google Chrome doesn’t mean CD is not up to date. :wink:

Thank you. We do stay quite up to date and we do hope to have it released soon.

ok, I like CD…it´s the best.

Hey Sal Amander, CD should not only focus on security, also improve the speed of the browser.

O0

This browser is very good! will this browser include html5 in the future release? I don’t
want to use google chrome because they track user data and spying on users so this browser is a great alternative.
Can’t wait for new update.

Sorry for my bad English!

HTML5 specs have been long in Comodo Dragon. Some aspects of HTML5 are not in Dragon as HTML5 is not a full standard (still in draft)

An independent HTML5 test can be found here: http://www.html5test.com

hey, New version of Chromium Stable is v.5.0.375.99

I ask me, When will you update Comodo Dragon?.

That’s CHROME (Google’s implementation of the Chromium project), not Chromium. Chromium is on version 6 already though.

Dragon will be on version 5 soon enough. Have patience.

Hey Sal Amander, for you, What is the best version: Chrome (v.5) or Chromium (v.6)?.

Hey my friends of C.D, When will you update the browser?.
A good browser should update once a month.

When will you update to the new Chromium version (6). The previous Chromium version (5) had quite some web-content improvements (more settings to manage). Why stil on 4 whil 6 is out for a long time?

Chromium 6 isn’t all that stable as it keeps rapidly changing. Chromium 5 is the latest stable, but as per the Chromium blog, they’re going to be kicking up stable releases pretty much every 6 weeks. Which is really fast.

So far it looks outdated like the beta version which is even older . It is perhaps time to update and clean some old links in the beta corner >:-D

Only x86…? No x64 yet…?

This has probably been discussed before…

…but am I correct in assuming that the Comodo Dragon version has nothing to do with the Chrome version upon which it’s based?

What I mean is, Comodo Dragon is in version 4.x, and Chrome is in version 6.x but does that mean that Comodo Dragon is two versions behind Chrome? Or does version 4.x of Comodo Dragon use the latest (version 6.x) of the Chrome engine?

I ask only because when using Comodo Dragon, I encountered several extensions which kicked errors upon my attempts to install them telling me that version 6.x of Chrome was required in order to use the extension.

So is version 4.x of Comodo Dragon based on version 4.x of Chrome? Or is the underlying version of Chrome in 4.x Comodo Dragon in fact the latest 6.x version of Chrome?

And if the latter, then why not version Comodo Dragon so it’s in sync with Chrome so that extension installers don’t get confused?

Just tryin’ to understand.

• HarpGuy

Hi HarpGuy

Both Dragon and Chrome are built from Chromium. Think of Dragon as Comodo’s version of Chromium and Chrome, Google’s version of Chromium.

I mean is, Comodo Dragon is in version 4.x, and Chrome is in version 6.x but does that mean that Comodo Dragon is two versions behind Chrome? Or does version 4.x of Comodo Dragon use the latest (version 6.x) of the Chrome engine?

Chromium is currently on version 8.x (unstable) so Chrome is “just” two versions behind and Dragon, four versions. Usually, the version before the current Chromium release is classed as stable

I ask only because when using Comodo Dragon, I encountered several extensions which kicked errors upon my attempts to install them telling me that version 6.x of Chrome was required in order to use the extension.

Yes, version 6 of Dragon would be required to use these extensions.

is version 4.x of Comodo Dragon based on version 4.x of Chrome? Or is the underlying version of Chrome in 4.x Comodo Dragon in fact the latest 6.x version of Chrome?

Dragon 4.x is based on Chromium 4.x as was Chrome 4.x although both parties may include additional features to their versions.

if the latter, then why not version Comodo Dragon so it's in sync with Chrome so that extension installers don't get confused?

As Dragon 4.x was released some time ago, we can hope that a newer version (6.x) may appear sometime.

:slight_smile:

Okay… so, obviously, I wasn’t differentiating between “Chrome” and “Chromium.” My bad. I’ve not followed ANY of this, frankly, because I’m so tied to some BHO’s in IE8 that I haven’t really wanted any other browser on my machine…

…except that I now also keep Firefox on my machine for times when some idiot web site operator has a javascript which keeps IE8 from accessing his site. Actuallly, to keep a lighter-weight Mozilla browser on my machine, I’m using SeaMonkey instead of Firefox. Very interesting little product. Loads about six hundred million (okay, okay… I admit that that’s an exaggeration by… oh… maybe two million) times faster than Firefox.

But Chrome… I confess I’ve avoided it like the plague. However, I keep reading good things about it; and I’m playing with a Google Voice utility which claims to have more features if Chrome is on the machine…

…and thinking that Comodo Dragon (CD) and Google Chrome were essentially the same thing, I downloaded and installed CD first…

…and that’s when I got a “you need version 6” error when I tried to install an extension. So I uninstalled CD and now have the latest Chrome on my machine (though it’s not, nor will it ever be, the default browser).

Still, I’d kinda’ like to be using CD instead… I just like and trust Comodo…

…but shouldn’t Comodo keep-up with the versions? That seems to me like a minimum requirement. Or am I looking at it wrong?

• HarpGuy

I totally agree. Given that everybody uses a browser these days, this is one product that MUST be kept up to date. I don’t understand why CD has been left at 4.1.x for so long :'(. Even the lack on beta’s for CD, I find a little worrying ???. I would really like to know what’s going on regarding development.

:slight_smile: