Comodo Dragon ver 26.0 is now available for download

The flash issue is also present in flash based games. I am a member of pogo.com and none of the flash games work. They will load, but I am unable to interact with them. downgraded to 25.2 until a patch is sorted

Bugs with Flash are coming from Chromium base. We basically need to wait until those problems are fixed in Chromium.

Have you informed them about these issues?

What happened to the http pipelining option? ???

A user at another reported that the master password is not compatible with the option “Continue running background apps when Comodo Dragon is closed”. Can that be fixed? Thanks. :slight_smile:

I’m pretty sure that’s not the case. I was using Cool Novo for a short time and there were no flash issues in that. Plus, many more people use Chrome than CD and the WEB is heavily flash dependent…if it wasn’t working in Chromium that would have already been fixed. Chrome Development is currently on 27.

Cyberfox007 is right. Now I’m checking Chromium v26.0.1410.12 and there are no problems.

Hi Cyberfox007,
I still believe some are followed, I agree not all issues though. :slight_smile:

Chrome relies on Pepperflash which does not seem effected, so any standard Flash issues won’t necessarily be priority.

People answer me a question please …

Why do you use Comodo Dragon ?

Personally I use it because its really good for Security and Privacy,

Those two reasons I believe are the main reasons Comodo take the open source Chromium, and fashion it into the version we know and love, so that we can be more secure online, and have less concerns about privacy invasive mechanisms

Agreed ?

So why is Flash ( or even Pepperflash ) such a deal breaker if it does not work.

Consider that Adobe’s flash is even more invasive on the privacy front than anything google does.

And pepperflash is googles ‘tamed’ version, but still with a good range of abilities for google to take advantage of too.

Lets get back to concentrating on the primary purposes of this browser, and please cease the incessant nagging about privacy invasive software compatability.

Unless your purpose for participating here is just to taint the waters of a Privacy respecting browser.

Adobes Stepford wives :slight_smile:

If you want a fully functioning flash - You may aswell be using Googles Chrome yes ?, or do you believe that there is nothing wrong with flash because it is so pervasive, so ‘trusted’ by the internet, a billion and one users cant all be numpties right ? 88), the power of default options on the ‘click yes’ happy crowd eh.

To the re-programmers of Chromium : Thank you once again for a marvellous update, continuing to keep apace the Chromium developments and tailoring it for our Security and Privacy.

One request I have is : Could the “Show Advanced Settings …” be set to show by default in Dragon, as opposed to googles idea of burying the main event options as far as we are concerned ?

It kind of irks me that users still have to go digging up the most valuable features of this fork of the chromium code.

I won’t use a browser that doesn’t support Flash except for specialized uses. When Flash is no longer the dominant force in web video it will be a different story.

So why choose Dragon over Googles Chrome ?, they are both derived from the same Chromium code.

My point being, a lot of users complain about Flash being a problem with Dragon.

If the main purpose of Dragon is Security and Privacy, but Flash is more important to you, then you may aswell use Googles Chrome instead.

Because if you wish to use Flash you really have no care for the goals this fork of the chromium code is trying to address

Apart from the better privacy and a better security… I use Comodo Dragon and not Google Chrome simply because I don’t trust Google… Comodo can use my data because I trust them… While Google well get lost… I don’t care about small things like that regarding flash… But I tell you one thing Google crush more compared to Dragon… That’s what I noticed… I never even had any crush with Dragon ever! I had a lot with Google!

Neither will I! I haven’t the faintest idea wth “Pepperflash” is. I have never heard of it outside of this forum. I want and expect complete Flash capability with the current browsers.

Thank you! Again CD needs to release a browser promptly that doesn’t have the Flash issues. I am obviously not the only one having these issues so it’s not my PC nor profile. Flash is a basic component in any browser and I also have read in this forum where someone else cannot install Pepperflash. Until Flash is not used anymore it should function correctly in any browser. I am well aware of the alleged security issues in Adobe’s products but frankly I have never had any issues. I am using the “click to play” to deal with this issue as well as for the Java issue. Still, I NEED Flash and would like for CD to address this issue in a timely manner.

Not sure which Flash bug you mean but the issue with facebook/flash apps where the pointer is 1cm south east of where it should be that was introduced to Dragon 28th March 2013 does not happen with Chrome and CoolNovo with the PepperFlash so I’m not sure how quick we can expect a fix from Google :frowning:

I have done what you probably have and updated Chrome and tried it with the Stand Alone Flash and yes it does have the same problem.

It’s a shame because all my friends I have spent years getting onto Dragon are ditching it in favour of Chrome, CoolNovo etc.

I see from other posts that this release has fixed some other faults but I think this flash bug will lose us a lot of users. :frowning:

Is there any way we can install PepperFlash for Dragon ?

:smiley: So you guys dont seem to understand what Flash is capable of, why it has been pushed so hard over the years by adobe so that it has invaded just about the whole internet, and why Adobe is so wealthy and successful. Why do you think google bought YouTube ? Just a thought.

Please take a little time out to study the following, and the links I am going to give.

You dont trust google, but willing to use flash = You are letting an even bigger wolf in sheeps clothing into your setup.

Pepperflash = Flash, but it has been reprogrammed by google to try and sandbox it better, so that it does not break permission levels as much as the full blown flash plugin does, so if you must use Flash instead of HTML5 or say VLC Media Players browser plugin then you are better off using Pepperflash which Dragon installs by default ( Edit: Apparently it doesnt anymore which is even better - See following posts ) …

Have a look at your Dragon Plugins page

Here’s what my plugins page looks like …

http://s1.bild.me/bilder/150113/4683902Untitled.png

Have you ever had a read of the Chrome Comic ? >> Its here <<

Reference Sandbox, plugins and Permissions - >> See this page << Once you have read that page, click the arrow ( top right of the comic ) to go to page 28-29, and again for page 30-31

Once you understand that - Now you will understand the reason behind the development of Pepperflash.

And the same goes for any other browser plugin you could install for Chromium, ideally you want them to be programmed not to break the permissions levels - Which is why I am personally looking forward to the next incarnation of Privalert, which promises to be a much better implementation of the functionality which Ghostery has.

PS - The whole open source code project ( Chromium ) and major support for it, was googles doing.
It is massively tested by googles farms and Chaos software throwing random code at it billions of times per minute to try and break it, which is why you have such a secure browser code base … And of course, we Dragon users benefit from that too because Dragon is taken from snapshots of the same code.

Here’s Googles Notes on Browser Security

Part 1
Part 2
Part 3

And lastly - Have a look at what Flash is doing in the background ( besides showing you shiny videos )
Summarised by 4lt3rn1ty in this post

The technical pdf sheet on all things Flash is in the following pdf document by Adobe … ( Its a direct download link which is why I have shown the link in full so you know where it is coming from ) …

http://www.adobe.com/content/dam/Adobe/en/devnet/flash/articles/flash_player_admin_guide/flash_player_10.0_admin_guide.pdf

The above is why I say - You may aswell be using Googles Chrome instead.

Personally I will stick with Dragon - And not have any variety of Flash involved in my setup.

If I want to be exploited, then I would have another browser installed for that purpose.

Flash undermines the goals of Dragon.

Now do you understand ?

Edit: Postscript - If you install Just Another Vulnerability Announcement ( JAVA :), Minecraft lovers beware ), when installing it, make sure you DO NOT INSTALL THE JAVA BROWSER PLUGIN

Just like Flash’s Actionsource programming language, JAVA is a serious breach of your browsers security, and it installs its plugin by default. Nice of Oracle to do that eh ? :), safe browsing peeps.

Hi w33d3r,
Dragon does not install Pepperflash by default.
You need a copy of Pepperflash and manual steps are required to install it.

Oh cool :slight_smile: - Even better. I know it used to at one point, so that was fully taken out again ?. Excellent, I thought it was just respecting my previous wishes of not having it installed.

I could be wrong, but I do not remember any Dragon version installing Pepperflash.

I use Dragon 'cause is natively portable (It doesn’t use an external launcher/wrapper like bad portables made with x-launchers or paf launchers). I use it 'cause it hasn’t an auto-update, i can manually (so not at system level) install or not install flash and other plugins, It runs fine on my Win7 and Win8 box with standard account (not admin account), on a different partition (not sys partition, an applications dedicated one) and with safest privileges (It uses the Windows sandbox also, so It runs at a “Low Integrity Level”).