Comodo Dragon Beta1 ver 0.9.0.22 - feedback and information

Thanks for this version. I was coming here today for many times. Finally you made your promise fulfilled.

What is the main difference between this and the standard Chrome?

COMODO Dragon Release Notes:
Comodo Dragon internet browser is based on the source code of Google Chrome browser but has a number of improvements, which includes fixes some privacy and security improvements.

ADDED Certificate Domain Validation checking warning
Comodo Dragon uses advanced domain validation technology originally developed in Comodo Verification Engine. It performs additional analysis of a domain’s SSL certificate to warn about those that been issued with Domain Only Validation.

FIXED Client identification number privacy issue.
Comodo Dragon fixes this privacy issues, which exists in Chrome browser. Chrome creates an ID for each client (user). This security gap theoretically can be used to identify a user. This ID has been removed.

REMOVED RLZ-Tracking capability.
RLZ-Tracking is a Chrome’s feature which informs Google about when and where the browser has been downloaded. This capability has been removed in Dragon. This has been done to protect user privacy

COMODO’s traditional product update technology is used.
Dragon uses COMODO’s own installer and update technology. Chrome, on the other hand, checks for updates and makes update via Google Updater, legality of which was put under question by Red Bend Software. Google Updater was entirely eliminated in Dragon

REMOVED error reporting mechanism.
Error reporting is used by Google to find and remove problems in their software however the information, which is sent to Google, includes some data about the computer’s software. In case it this information is intercepted by an attacker, it can be used to reveal vulnerabilities in the computer’s security system. COMODO Dragon has eliminated this mechanism is order not to compromise user’s security and privacy.

REMOVED installation time-tracking.
COMODO’s installation technology doesn’t use and store information about when the software was installed and updated, all actions are based only on your current version number, whereas Chrome installation stores detailed (up to the second) information about software installation time

ADDED smart software removal
During software remove Dragon asks user whether he or she wants to keep user preferences data (home page, search engine customizing, etc) and leaves or removes user profile based on his or her choice. This is done for user’s convenience. Leaving user’s profile on your computer is recommended if you are going to return to using Dragon in future

EXCLUDED remote error pages usage
Dragon uses locally stored error messages (such as “Page not found”), whereas Chrome in its default configuration uses server-stored error messages. In Dragon information about your network input errors is limited to your browser instead of being sent to Google’s remote server.

eXp

Thanks a lot for this new version! :ilovecomodo:

Confusing:
Comodo Dragon Alpha is now available for download from the following link:
https://forums.comodo.com/beta-corner/comodo-dragon-beta1-ver-09022-is-now-available-for-download-t49890.0.html

But it’s beta 1? 88)

Hi,

I changed it, probably a typo :slight_smile:

Thanks for telling !

eXp

Theme’s are working now :slight_smile:

Greetz, Red.

Pdfs (including Fast Web View) work now! :BNC (:CLP)

Yes it works, but it doesnt look good at all.

[attachment deleted by admin]

Thanks for the beta :-TU. Glad the back/forward buttons are fixed now. Now for the testing…

:slight_smile:

Will/does Dragon work with Chrome extensions? If not, are there plans to?

The new dragon.exe is not signed. :o

I didn’t notice yesterday, as CIS 4 didn’t say anything, but today I updated Dragon on a computer with CIS 3.13, and dragon.exe was not recognized… :-\

CISv4 founds it safe here.

Here too. So 4.0 and 3.13 do not have identical safelists? :-\

Anyway, I hope next version will be signed. :wink:

I think it maybe the new threatcast at work in v4, after all v4 knows if something is malware before the AV has signatures for it.

Online lookup in 3.13 says Unknown… :-\ But this is !ot! here, sorry. :P0l

I could do my online banking with natwest using the alpha version, but now the site reports that the browser i am using is not supported. >:(

Anyone have any idea? Also, I don’t suppose there will ever be Dragon for mac? Now that Chrome is available on mac… 88)

Apparently not, Extensions is missing from the Tools list and the Chrome Extensions page says my browser isn’t supported. :frowning: Not sure about CD for Mac.

I think extensions require Chromium 4, and Chromium 3 code is used as basis for Dragon. :wink:

Thanks for the responses guys :slight_smile: I don’t suppose there are plans to bump CD up to chromium 4?