Comodo Dragon and Chromodo Not supporting Xp and Vista in April

I just downloaded Comodo Dragon and Chromodo . When I update to the most recent version , they come to version 48 , But when you restart the browser <just like Google Chrome .on top is says Comodo & Chromodo will not be supportting windows XP and Vista soon … I know when Google Chrome goes to Version 50 they stop , Have any one noticed that yet ? :-\

Comodo Dragon 46+ does not support Windows XP: https://forums.comodo.com/-t113775.0.html

when both browsers update them selves they go to version 48 and no longer support xp or vista

Announcements of Dragon and Chromodo 48 are expected soon. I guess your question will be addressed there. :slight_smile:

I already got the answers when i downloaded the new browsers tonight both will no longer support xp or vista

If you want to use Comodo browsers you can use Comodo IceDragon (Firefox based)
Please check: https://icedragon.comodo.com/

Ummm, I am a Vista user and it’s still March and my Commodo Dragon browser has just completely crashed. I’m typing this from Pale Moon. How am I going to transfer over my bookmarks on Commodo Dragon to Icedragon if Commodo Dragon doesn’t work?

You should uninstall the current Dragon without deleting your profile!
Then install an old version of Dragon over your profile : Comodo Dragon Download (2023 Latest)
for example version 42
and export your bookmarks, then you can import them into IceDragon.

The newest version of Dragon worked until a Microsoft update came down on patch Tuesday, then when I got up the next day, all extensions crashed; I had no way to fix them because the browser was totally inoperable after that - tried reinstalling - no dice. Went to Comdo and downloaded Chromodo, and it works so far, but the performance is no where near as good as it was. Since Dragon never ran all that well on Win 7, I don’t see it as worth upgrading to Win 7 just to fix Comodo - I guess this is where I and Comodo sadly part ways. I still like the firewall, but it blocks all my DRM and makes it so I can’t use my cable media center, or my blu-rays, and it also blocks LogMeIn to the point I can’t reconfigure it to work, so I guess this is my last good by to Comodo permanently. Very sad, as it was the best browsing experience I had in my entire life, and I’ve been computing for 30 years! Oh well, guess I’ll cry in my ■■■■! :-\

Operating system Vista Ultimate x64 bit and latest version of Dragon 48

I would not have a problem upgrading to Win7. I missed the free upgrade from Vista to 7 and now all you can find on the market are OEM’s. No one has ever been able to explain the OEM license to me so I could understand what the freak they were talking about. But if I understand it correctly, it will only work for those who are building and selling computers.

Linking IceDragon for the other Vista users who might find this thread someday: https://icedragon.comodo.com/. I have a complaint, tho. The bookmark import wizard that pops up after icedragon install is not definitive enough. It says generalizations like: “do you want to import from chrome, firefox, ei?” But will only let you choose one. I have many browsers besides just commodo and some of them are chrome and some are firefox. What if it picks the wrong bookmarks? Again after this it asks me if I “want to import from persona 1 or persona 2” with no distinguishing difference that will tell me which to pick. UPDATE: And low and behold persona 1 was my roommate’s bookmarks on his browser so now I have to uninstall and reinstall all over again and hope persona 2 is mine. UPDATE: It didn’t work. It only recognizes my roommate’s chrome browser and doesn’t even register there is a commodo dragon browser with chrome bookmarks. Persona 2 was empty of bookmarks. It wasn’t even called persona 1 and persona 2 it was even lamer than that - it was called choice between “Person 1” or “Person 1.”

One thing is for sure, I will never use automatic updates again! On anything!

Anyone can use an OEM upgrade disc, it is just that you won’t get full retail box Microsoft support for the operating system software - and some companies like Dell or HP can read the disc and tell if it came from the original manufacturer. There are probably bios or keyboard tricks to circumvent that on machines that don’t have the new UEFI bios system. Also, if you didn’t buy the disc directly from Dell ( for instance ), they will not extend support for your computer just because you got an upgrade from somewhere else. I have been buying OEM operating system discs for years and successfully putting them on competitor OEM computers for years - so it is a rare day that you can’t get them to work. Most of the OEM discs for sale are DELL discs, but I’ve had them work on off brands. Of course, if you build you own, there should definitely be no trouble. Also be aware that the law is on our side when it comes to whether you have a right to use your software as you please, as long as you aren’t trying to copy and burn it for profit. Fortunately I’m usually working on a DELL in the 1st place.

I must admit, that now that I have been using Chromodo, I am actually happy with the performance! It may not start and load pages like lighting, but it is more reliable than Dragon, and I don’t get failures to load on web pages. I was used to trying things like repeating twice to get a page to load occasionally on Dragon - I put up with that for various reasons, but even IE-9 x64 locks up too much, and loads too slowly, for me, to be a serious contender to Comodo browsers. There is always a trade off though, and so far the only quirk is that many of the extensions have to be re-enabled every time I start the browser. I still like it better than Firefox, IE-9, or Google Chrome.

I would not recommend never updating your computer, because the security threats in not doing that, are not worth it. Browser updates are critical for the same reason. It just gripes me that the browser providers are so ready to give up on an operating system before it is completely unsupported by Microsoft. IF I thought I could always use Internet Explorer until that sad day, it would be different - but many of us have experienced such bad performance from IE that many times the MS browser might as well be inoperative. The 32 bit IE-9 was crashing so bad a few patch Tuesdays back that it was totally unusable for months, fortunately I found out how to get my critical password manager to work on the 64 bit version, so now I have a backup, at least. How long is the question, the way these patches end up bricking things.

I can understand the frustration of avoiding patches at all costs, but they usually fix the problem by the next patch cycle - read Security Garden or Windows Secrets, if you want to find out which patches to hold out on for a while and which ones are ready for prime time. I personally am willing to be a beta tester for patches, because the security is too important - I can always restore to a former time, if things get really bad.

I might suggest it would be easier to create a different standard user account for your friend, than trying to juggle user profiles - even I have trouble trying to do that. They also get corrupted every easily, and that makes things even more complicated. You can add a new standard user in the User Accounts section of the Control Panel - be sure to log into it once before going further, because that seems to help when later adding individual features and such later on.

Well I’m not rich. I’ve got med bills. If I had money I would fork up for a Windows 7 OS. I ran the free diagnostic tool from MS’s site that says my PC is compatible with Win7 and ready for upgrade. Yes, there might be a few problems with drivers but you can just go to manufacturer’s site and upgrade their latest. Like my Webcam might be in question but it’s company is active so should be no problem.

I’m on a Dell that has had it’s memory replaced at least once.

If we Vista users use an OEM Win7 upgrade a clean install is required. I don’t think we qualify for the free Win10 upgrade if we clean install an OEM - somehow we don’t have proper license??? If we can get a RETAIL Win7 upgrade we qualify for the free Win10. I’m not smart enough to dance around something like that.

Or we Vista users could just buy Win10, clean install it, and hope our old PC doesn’t explode. According to what people say not one single driver would work if I did it that way.

Or I could just go it the poverty intellegent route and install a Linux. Ubuntu is pretty hot atm. I wouldn’t even have to get rid of Vista as Linux OS runs along side another OS.

I was thinking of upgrading to Windows 7 myself at 100$ for the software . But in 4 years from now Microsoft will stop supporting 7 . Than you would have no option but to go to windows 10 . So I will use my vista until 2017 and than buy a windows 10 …

any information on the Comodo latest browser versions 48 not supporting windows XP and Vista …Version 48.12.18.238

Chromodo is up to date.
Future versions of Chromodo will no longer support Windows XP or Windows Vista.
Chromodo

Don’t know why They never said anything online about it !!! … And I think I may know the answer since Google Chrome is stopping Support the same time …

Hi Quinncy,
Dragon, Chromodo, Chrome etc are all based from Chromium.
Chromium has dropped support for Windows Vista and XP all in the name of security, considering support for these operating systems is ended or near ending their life cycle.
It is naturally going to affect most Chromium based browsers and especially those with security in mind.

I personally do not think Comodo need to comment further on this matter as it is not rocket science to connect the dots.
Vista and XP support ends, so software Developers with a security conscience will also end support for these operating systems.

Any browser/software Developer to continue supporting these operating system is obviously not going to be created by a security company.

https://productforums.google.com/forum/#!topic/chrome/Cj7ZTs0gpfo;context-place=topicsearchin/chrome/category

Josh007007 said: Hi all, Here are some FAQ's that may help.

Q. When does Chrome support end?
A. Chrome will no longer receive any updates, including security fixes, after APRIL 2016.

Q. Will I be locked out of Chrome?
A. No, Chrome will continue to function, but will no longer receive important updates.

Q. Why is Google doing this?
A. Google is encouraging users to upgrade to safe and supported operating system.

Q. But Microsoft says Vista is supported until March 2017?
A. Vista is in extended support mode and has a very small user base, so improve user experience, Chrome is ending support for Vista on April 2016.

Q. How can I stop this from happening?
A. Unfortunately, this date has been set in stone. To protect other users with modern OS’s, support will end on April 2016.

Q. What about Chrome Canary and Chromium?
A. Support for Chrome Canary and Chromium has already ended for Windows XP and will end support for Vista April 2016.

Kind regards,
Josh.

https://productforums.google.com/forum/#!category-topic/chrome/discuss-chrome/windows-10/Stable/wrMB9YbD5vk

Thank you.

My question would be why is it that when you go to Comodo website their is no mention of not supporting ? Even when you read about the browsers is says that you can use Xp and Vista . Chromium is the open-source web browser project from which Google Chrome created .that is why Comodo looks just like Google Chrome… Google is stopping support not because of the Chromium .Project: chromium
An open-source project to help move the web forward.
Project description

Summary: An open-source project to help move the web forward.

Chromium is the open-source project behind Google Chrome. We invite you to join us in our effort to help build a safer, faster, and more stable way for all Internet users to experience the web, and to create a powerful platform for developing a new generation of web applications.
Project access
… Their are many other Chromium based browser such as Opera who will stop supporting vista with Opera 37 but will support XP and Vista always with opera 36 … Comodo could have supported XP and Vista if they wanted to but chose not too .

If people are going to remain with an old OS then you should expect to only run old software. As all software is eventually updated to operate on newer OS platforms, older ones are dropped.
Are you demanding to Intel that they continue to produce cpu’s to run Windows 7 or older? Because all newer chips are for Win10 only. And this is not new news. Not everything is nor will remain backward compatable.
Either upgrade your systems, or remain with older software you can run.
Stop crying because you decided not to update/upgrade a 15+yr old computer.

Windows 10 is a much lighter system than windows vista . I have seen NEW computers with processors that are only 1.25 GHZ . , As mine is a 2.40 GHZ .a much faster processor … Windows 7 will be unsupported in 2020 … And many people will keep 7 . not just run out their and buy 10 . …This is from Comodo site.Supported OS: XP 32bit, Vista/Win7/Win8/Win8.1/Win10 32 bit & 64 bit / 152 MB RAM / 400 MB space for the intenet security …CHromodo…System Requirements
Windows 8 / Windows 7 / Vista / XP, 128 MB RAM and 40 MB Hard Disk Space… Doesn’t look like the old OS have been dropped , But they have

The latest CIS will not support XP hardware. This was discussed on here last fall.

If you mentioned it last fall , Why Does Comodo Site say it is supported ? Title: Comodo Internet Security 8.2.0.4792
Filename: cispremium_installer.exe
File size: 207.72MB (217,812,544 bytes)
Requirements: Windows XP / Vista / Windows 7 / Windows 8 / Windows 10 / Windows 10 64-bit
Languages: Multiple languages
License: Freeware
Date added: November 23, 2015
Author: Comodo

Homepage: www.personalfirewall.comodo.com