Comodo Doesn't pass its own leak test for new firewall users..

Well Only one test failed and that Was thanks to the free version of processguard. However Tests 2 $ 3 failed why it did.

See for someone getting asked whether to allow or deny process injection and not a default blockage like processguard does, (by the way I use SSM too, and let it modify and inject like someone not knowing and trusting) – I do what’s in the parenthesis all the time and when I get those something modified something do you want it to allow to connect to the internet, someone trusting is going too, like I HAVE ALL THE TIME, by default Processguard passed test 1 because BY default it didn’t ask , it blocked automatically, however one can go into the alerts highlight and allow it to modify, which i didn’t…anyway like i was saying, i have always let anything with messeges to antoher program for example firefox sent a message to frostwire, do u want to allow it, I always click yes and don’t ask again, by this I just ruint my security…

By default this should block those messeges sending to another program and no allow nor deny, however have it in the configuration in the program to later allow, and allow a pop up to come up for each one and an option on each popup to ignore all other pop ups.

By the way its just not messeges the same should go for the others, I personally can deal with later allowing a dll injection like I do with a-squared products, odd but yes they do that and its legitimate and i got it off its site if anyone wanted to know, otherwise it goes Crazy, I am really thinking of the dialup guard that does this tho…

Any question personally from the comodo team that wants to question me personally got my email I signed up with and I believe its not hidden, so…go ahead ask away… oh just to let you know when these questions to allow/deny from comodo come up, I always allow, because In the end, I can’t connect to the internet with the browser once I deny and always deny, i always have to allow later… and fix those issues with having some programs being able to connect to the internet when allowing after some time… with restarting the application

Please don’t think Comodo took the time and effort to build a leak test their own firewall won’t pass.

When you run the leak test, you are supposed to click BLOCK! That’s how it prevents the test leaking.

If you click BLOCK, it will, funnily enough, block the traffic. After ruinning each of the three test in the CPIL suite, you really should reboot (i.e. run test 1 and reboot, run test2 and reboot, run test 3 and reboot). This is a good practice to adopt for all leak tests, as they can leave the system in an unknown or unstable state.

Ewen :slight_smile:

Now that would be a great idea ;D

nowshining, there’s a related thread here when this test was created:
https://forums.comodo.com/index.php/topic,3178.0.html (It’s currently the only sticky thread in this Leak Testing board)

actually it does not pass the test, and yes it does only if you block it, however A LOT OF MALWARE DON’t WORK THAT WAY and that’s not right minded, the IDS are suppose to block the attempt to modify the data or sent messages to a program not allow it and then later ask to let the program access the net and when pressing block it blocks the whole program…

Either offer it as a pay thing or add it to the freeware firewall…

and if your answer is yes only if u block it, then a lot of people would of NOT DIED or got ■■■■■ or MURDERED or taken out in the woods and got beaten up if the killer, rapest ,etc… just told them in the first place now would they…

IF one knows that his/her house is going to get robbed then he/she can protect it, if he/she doesn’t know then you cannot protect it or your valuables, u must take pre-caustions and that’s what i am saying… a firewall is just a firewall and anything can bypass it basically or almost, however since comodo hypes about it being able to block these other types of attacks by inputting a IDS system in it, then it must act like one, don’t get me wrong comodo is great for the TCP and UDP checksum and other cool things, but again to market this kind of protection and knowing that many that are going to get your firewall are just going to allow it to bypass because they don’t know a lot of technical stuff about how to block or deny something, they’ll just allow or think right now that they have a virus, trojan, etc… on their computer when they do not…

Either remove it and stop the lies or make it auto block the injections and messege questions of allow or block or add it to a paid version and then i’ll shut up…until then, comodo lies about this when knowing very well that many people who don’t know about this stuff in technology will infact always allow it to bypass it… or get soooo scared that something is wrong with their computer and scan and scan and be terrified of the message that popped up saying that so and so has been modified do u want to allow it access to the internet or allow it, NO then when they find out IE or Firefox or something does not go into the internet they’ll think its really bad and reformat and then when asked again, get more scared that someone hacked them…

Again either block before modification of injection or take that out of at least the free version and put it into a paid version, which then i will like i said shut up as long as i use the free one…

The fact that someone’s definition of “failing”, “passing” and “firewall” does not agree with your definition of those terms does not give you the right to accuse them of lying.

We appreciate that you may not think the firewall is performing the way you would like it to, but you’re treading quite a fine line.

Please do not continue in this vein.

Ewen :slight_smile:

I’m going to stop you right there, my friend. It’s exactly how malware perform. It tries to mask itself as a process/execute/service you would normally allow to pass. This is the definition of malware. Comodo (or any other application capable of inspecting processes) will intercept and report its behavior for you to either allow or deny. By allowing the leaktest through the firewall, you allow it to pass onto the internet and thus you “failed” the test.

Simple rule of thumb:
Deny every leaktest and see if it is still able to perform its programming. Never allow it or grant it access. Remember to reboot after the test has completed :slight_smile:

I’m unsure what your gripe is, but rest assured that the Comodo Firewall is a free product. It’s been rigorously tested and scores very high on practically every test there is.

As a side note, a firewall is never “just” a firewall. It’s a highly complex piece of software. It’s shortcomings may be how you configure it and how you understand it. If you allow anything to pass, you don’t need it. It’s only taking up space on your harddrive :wink:

As for the rest of the content in your post. May I suggest using Wikipedia and reading the manual?

Cheers!