Comodo doesn't activate properly; LivePC Support won't work

I recently tried to clean my registry and remove “unwanted” startup items like “Net Waiting” from my computer using a programme called Iobit security. (Yes, I have posted in their help forum, too.)

Since that time, Comod will not initialize properly. It says that the Application Agent is not running. I cannot update the virus database to update. At the moment, Comodo won’t let me access its conteol panel, although it seems to be running in the background. Also, LivePC Support will not initialize, though the item now appears in the system tray.

I don’t know what I have done to my computer. I wonder whether reinstalling Comodo may fix the problems so at least I have antivirus and firewall running? Any ideas?

Try a system restore point. That would be the easiest way if you changed things in the registry. Does this work or are there no restore points left to go back to before the changes?

System restore also does not work anymore. It is unable to restore my system to an earlier point. I tried in safe mode also, but no success.

Try the tips regarding problems with system restore in Win 7: https://forums.comodo.com/empty-t43876.0.html;topicseen .