Comodo Disk Encryption Wishlist V1 [locked]

I am not sure a feature like this would have a place in CDE… but we will check anyway. Also, this feature will be very soon present in another COMODO application.

Good idea… let’s see what we can do about this. About what to choose - soon we’ll have a help file and everything is explained in there.

I wish that my encrypted partitions would be protected from formatting by other users connected to the computer, if the correct key is not plugged in.

Good point Nikita! :-TU

ok, To Encrypt 2 TB Hard Drive With the newest VER is really really SLOW…

The Older Version is much quicker

CG

Beta 2 is faster than beta 1… Is your processor multi-core? you can give us some time samples for a smaller partition. Tell us how much time it took for encryption with beta 1 vs encryption with beta 2.

It’s Quad-Core (AMD Phenom X4 9850 Black Edition)…
It only took about 1 to 2 hours to encrypt Beta 1
This time it took around about 5 Hours.
(i’ve had the usb key and user password enabled)

CG

Can you, also, specify encryption/hash algorithm you used first time vs second time and the size of the encrypted partition ? (this is important!)

I have a wish, that i think could be usfull…

1. A way to put HDs in a queue… (So if you have more than one harddrive, you dont have to be around, to start the encryption on another disc, when the first one is done…)

2. A way to “see” when your typing in the boot password… (When typing in the password, you only see like: ****

3. A way to see the differense between the encryption metods…
    (HASH: SHA1, SHA256 ect… ENCRYPTION: AES, Serpent ect…)

4. A “Time Left…” when encrypting a disc…

Thanks for a pretty good software…

I would like to be able to encrypt or lock a folder only…No disk encryption. Win XP Home has no feature. No sure about Vista. I am not worried about people accessing the folder via PC. I am worried about hackers accessing/stealing the folder. Maybe I am being an alarmist.I am new to this forum and Comodo. I have been using ZoneAlarm Free for years and decided to try something new.

I Wish a Recovery CD to be created before/during encryption to be able to decrypt the data in case of a OS boot failure on your system. Truecrypt uses this also and i like the idea of being able to access my data in case M$ screws up a patch and kills my Boot process.

I agree. It would be great to encrypt folders individually. Perhaps individual files also. If it is password protected it would also add security. Or you can use the USB authentication method perhaps to read/decrypt the data.

Topic locked because of the first official release,

the new version is out. You can see the message over here : https://forums.comodo.com/comodo_disk_encryption/fyi_comodo_disk_encryption_1265015123_released-t36025.0.html
Comodo Disk Encrytion website : Endpoint Detection and Response, Free - What is EDR Security?
New Wishlist : https://forums.comodo.com/comodo_disk_encryption/comodo_disk_encryption_wishlist_v2-t36027.0.html

Thanks,

Xan