COMODO Disk Encryption 2.0.138413.24 BETA

of course implementation of the algorithm is also very important. So maybe its ok to make the implementation of the algorithm public…or even better let people to try to ■■■■■ the algorithm used…afterall we do have in house cryptography experts who helped us with these implementations. and if people want to prove a point, they can always attack the algorithm to ■■■■■ it.

There are many optimisation techniques one uses (not for the feint hearted.:slight_smile: ) and as I said above, if anyone has doubts is welcome to attack our encryption implementation. It is a standard algorithm, implemented by our guys. I really don’t think our encryption algorithm implementation is a weak spot. but of course I am more than happy to eat a humble pie and fix it if we are proven wrong.

To summarise: Your argument applies to making the encryption part of the source code public, not the whole security software. Even then, is there really anyone out there who will take a serious look at these and give us a valuable feedback? I don’t think so, but thats only my opinion.

thanks
Melih

Hello

Installed it under Windows 2003, can’t uninstall it anymore.
Lots of erros.
I’ve tried also to override with the latest Beta version, then uninstall.
But same behavior, can’t uninstall.

I always get error : “Please remove or decrypt all encrypted partitions!”

I have no encrypted partitions!

Cadey

I’ve installed CDE 2.0 beta, tried to encrypt primary partition on removable USB IDE drive during night, at the mornig I dicovered an error something like “Not enough space to encrypt”
I reboot the machine and now on boot FROM ANY LOCAL drive I got a smile ASCII 0x1 or 0x2 at the top line and prompt after I try to enter a password a green chessy screen appeared.
Under LiveCD all the partitions is unaccessible.
What the F* is going on I need my data back I don’t ask to alter my host drives, HOW TO REMOVE THIS F* CDE ?

Boot could be fixed simply by rewriting MBR using any utility e.g. TestDisk available for majority of platforms www_cgsecurity_org/wiki/TestDisk_Download
Now trying to find a way to uninstall CDE bypassing “Plaese remove or decrypt…” stupid message.

Finally solved the annoying popup which prevents uninstall, simply erase Enum key under two keys starting with “cde”
HKLM/CurrentCcontrolSet/System/Services/cde*
and reboot then use uninstaller
note don’t erase cde* manually let the uninstaller do it’s clean job

What’s happenin on this one developers!?

Josh

Bump

i would like to know the answer to this also as i like and use ctm.

Just reinstalled to use the zip encryption after not using this program for a while and I am getting this error again when clicking on options. everything else seems fine so far though.

Windows 7 home premium 64bit.

[attachment deleted by admin]

Hello, (And sorry for my English)

i have the same error than ‘‘MetalShaun’’.
I run Seven Ultimate x64.
I have 4 Disks and 2 partitions per Disk,and i have Multi cards Reader and a DVDRW.
At the moment of the test i have not others Disk Encryption Software,
Just comodo CIS (No CTM,no CBU,nothing else from comodo).
I have make many test/Reinstall (Even Vista x32) but at the first screen GUI when i click on “Disk Encryption” button:
“The operation Edfd_Api_Get_Fixed_Storage_Configuration Failed with error code 1784:The supplied user buffer is not valid for the requested operation”
i did not try the two others fonction until the end,but when i click “virtual disk encryption” or “Zip encryption” i dont have any error and i can go at the next options screen

Thank

This Software have a great potential but even for a Beta version it is really unstable.

Hi

I haven’t really been involved (or interested) with encryption before but now that we are using PGP Desktop at work, I thought I would give CDE a go (on my test computer at home :wink: ). Just checking on the status of this project?

Btw, I like the GUI, seems ALOT simpler than PGP and TrueCrypt :-TU

:slight_smile:

Hi Graham1,

Well it seems this BETA is out for a while but it’s not very busy on this board…
I’m still waiting for a General Release which should include a bootable image to “rescue” your system in case of severe issues…

Specially in this corners of software land make sure you have a complete backup of your system before testing this.

Yes, a bootable image / rescue disk is a must for this type of software.

in this corner of software land make sure you have a complete backup of your system before testing this.

Should be ok :). Testing on a test tablet (no important data) with a base and current image.

:slight_smile:

when will the stable version come out? looking foward to it :slight_smile:

Regards,
Valentin

I wonder the stable will come out? I find the GUI very cool and nice looking:)

Thanks

Regards,
Valentin

Yeah…it’s been over 9 months and should have been born by now. ;D

+1 ;D and :-TU for that :smiley:

Any news on a final release.???

I’ve got this erorr too, it appears that CDE is not supported on Win 7 64 bit, not 2 nor the previous versions.

Any official statement with this regard?

Ilie Moromete

I am trying it on my win 7 pro 32bit and it works so far. I have only managed to install it :smiley: