COMODO default vs COMODO setting changed

Hi COMODO ;D
I wanted to show you these 2 tests to compare how COMODO reacts in differents levels of protection and also to decide which settings are best for COMODO 6 to be set as default
Default:

setting changed:

and I wanted to note that I know COMODO doesn’t block droping files by an untrusted aplication by default but seriously who wants viruses to be dropped on their machine ???
please deny the virus droping in the next version because it’s better than having to clean your machine every single time + If COMODO doesn’t block viruses on their enterance it might go out of control even before you restart
Hop you enjoy :wink:

It’s not dropping viruses…

I agree that it would be nice if nothing was left behind because most people don’t understand that these leftovers pose absolutely no security threat.

I suspect that nothing will change in regards to the default setting, because the developers need to balance security with usability.

I think maybe it’s better if COMODO sandbox automaticly deletes the files of the application that is dropped (after it’s closed) if one of them is detected as a virus or the application is uncloseable like some banking application, Even if those files are harmless it could still make COMODO look bad on the prevention test, Also some of those might manngae to modify the system and the registry

That is not possible in the current implementation of the sandbox because it allows regular programs to run but imposes enough restrictions to be able to contain malware. The sandbox cannot distinguish between malware and regular programs.

With v6 Comodo will introduce virtualisation with the automatic sandboxing. However if a scanner would scan the vritual root folder it still would see harmless traces of malware.

Even though modifications to the system and registry may be made when the malware is not running after a reboot the system is not infected.

There is no easy way out here. The world needs to be told how to correctly understand the test results.

That’s why Comodo has to implement auto-delete of sandbox after PC restart or manual option with “Clear sandbox” button in GUI main window.

But since regular programs may also run in the sandbox that may need the data I think the clear sandbox needs to be more granular.

@Siketa That’s why Comodo has to implement auto-delete of sandbox after PC restart or manual option with “Clear sandbox” button in GUI main window. +1,000000000%.Agree to infinity my friend.

Regards
Dave1234.

Also some of those might manngae to modify the system and the registry
No. Application in the sandbox is restricted and can't infect the system (modifies critical system files/registry).