comodo crashes my internet while playing online games

so… I’m going to describe my issue the best way I can :slight_smile:
I had problems with video games and comodo in the past and I always managed to get rid of them, but not with the one that started recently.
when I try to enter a newly installed game, I can’t play it because of that black screen (I think everyone knows about that)
when this happens, I switch comodo to game mode. after that everything goes fine, but there’s always something!
if I switch comodo to game mode for a specific game (usually an online one) the firewall won’t allow me to play the game for more than 20-30 mins because it crashes my internet, not the game, the internet! I have a tried everything I can possibly know to fix this. I have allowed the game exe. in comodo, I switched it to training mode, called my internet provider (they told me everything is alright with my internet, they even sent a team to my place), disabled my antivirus, disabling comodo and enabling windows firewall, used ccleaner to find errors in my registry, scanned my system for viruses and nothing worked! my last solution was to completely remove comodo from my system and voila! the problem was fixed!
now, I use windows firewall because I’m afraid that if I install comodo again the problem will come back.
is there something I missed when comodo was installed?

I hope this “long story” helps people with the same issue :slight_smile:

What exactly happens when “it crashed the internet”? Is the game no longer able to connect to the web? Can other programs also not connect to the web?

problem solved.

I had to reinstall comodo and never again enable game mode for a game. I wish I knew why game mode caused that problem…

pff… this problem came back. I don’t know what else to do…
I guess I have to change the firewall. too bad cause nothing competes with this one :frowning:

With what specific game does this happen? Can you post screenshots of the Firewall and D+ logs of around the time this happens to see if they hold a clue as to what is happening.

feel free to delete this topic because I found out that comodo isn’t the problem. I wish I knew what’s causing these crashes…

Is there anything installed on your computer that interferes with networking at driver level like Netlimiter etc?

As always make sure there are no leftovers of security programs you had installed in the past. A possible left over can cause all sort of “strange effects”. Please run clean up tools for all security programs you had in the past. A list can be found here at the Eset website: ESET Knowledgebase .