COMODO Cloud Scanner - Wishlist

Hi Guys…

Please add your wishes here.

My wish, allow for CCS to create a log, if user wants.

Second wish

Detect Broken/outdated Digital signatures.

In addition to this maybe there should be an option to submit all unknown files for analysis. This would help Comodo to expand its whitelist.

This same idea could also be implemented to expand the trusted vendors list.

An uploud Formular for the files to analyse that

CVA integration
Driver check integration
Windows patches check

and the things I send over pm

eXp

+1.

:slight_smile:

I would also suggest that instead of saying Your Computer is AT RISK that you change the message.

Perhaps something more along the lines of:

‘The scan has identified possible security risks on your computer.
It is advised that you download the free 30 day trial of Comodo LivePC Support and let our experts examine and fix your computer for you.’

The current phrasing seems like a scare tactic meant to scare the consumer into downloading the product. I am sure that this is not the intended consequence and I hope that this message will be changed.

excellent suggestions…
pls keep it coming guys…

with this kind of feedback, I think we can make this a VERY VERY useful tool VERY VERY quickly…

Melih

+1 especially for Comodo Vulnerability Analyzer

Cheers,
Josh

Maybe modest removal capabilities could be built in. I’m thinking that maybe it should only be able to remove classified malware. Anything detected as unclassified malware or with the heuristics should only be alerted to the user.

In this way the product can also develop a reputation as an anti-malware application. I believe that there would still be incentive enough to entice users to try the 30 day trial. Also, having witnessed this product successfully remove malware from their machine may be enough of an incentive to purchase CIS Pro.

We want this tool to be a Diagnostic tool, informing you what needs attention in your PC.

Melih

I pretty much forwarded this already to a dev, but I guess it doesn’t harm anyone to post it here again…

Would it be possible to create an option to send the file/malware to the developers as malware/false positive direct in the application ?

also, when you press (main screen after running a scan) view details , only the first tab gets opened. I think it might be more usefull when it would open all tabs ?

When you ran a scan, make an option to Rerun a scan

Make a quick scan, thorough scan and personal options scan (scan what you want to scan)

It would be nice to see a change in the way the junk files get reported. I think it’s more usefull to say how much mb (let’s say 50mb) you could say instead of 1000 files. or you can use both of them
→ junk files 1000 files / 50mb

And ability to create a log file

eXp

isnt this pretty much like csc? shouldnt it be integrated with csc? it seems like the same thing!

Yeah, integration with CSC would be good.

Also an option to jump directly to the source of one entry would be useful. Maybe a little pressable icon after each entry.

can we add super cookies

I’m not sure if its everything, but a start :wink:

Flash stores shared objects in this folder:
C:\Documents and Settings\user_name\Application Data\Macromedia\Flash Player#SharedObjects
Flash stores site-specific Flash cookies in this folder:
C:\Documents and Settings\user_name\Application Data\Macromedia\Flash Player\macromedia.com\support\flashplayer\sys
Flash stores global settings and previously-visted websites having Flash cookies in this file:
C:\Documents and Settings\user_name\Application Data\Macromedia\Flash Player\macromedia.com\support\flashplayer\sys\settings.sol

Portable version ?

Maybe a good way to clean a computer before install CIS

Will you be incorporating an easy way to submit unknown files so that they can be added to the whitelist?

I believe that this would be a good addition.

+1

Since this tools is meant to be used primarily by novices it would be important to provide some more info to avoid any misunderstanding about the severity of the risks.

It would be also appropriate to provide a link to Comodo System-Cleaner along with LivePC support so each user could choose between self-maintenance and Free 30 days hands-on assistance.

Perhaps “Errors or problems” should be rephrased as “Entries to be verified”

Perhaps “Malware and suspicious files” should be rephrased as “Suspicious and Unknown files” or “Malware, Suspicious and Unknown files” to let users be aware that listed files are not limited to “suspicious” and “malware”

Perhaps “privacy issues” could be rephrased to “privacy related entries” and the results should be grouped into collapsible categories (those which can be expanded with a + sign) with a related easily accessible explanation that clarify what are the related “privacy” implications for each category

Categories could be: Browser cache files, cookies, MRU, Start menu ordering, etc

Perhaps “Junk files” could be rephrased to “non critical files” and the results should be grouped in categories with mention of disk usage (Mb) and a related easily accessible explanation that clarify what is the purpose of the listed categories.

Categories could be: Log files, My recent documents (shouldn’t have it been listed under privacy ? ???), Hotfix uninstallers, etc

Uploud the files to you for the check see hitman pro