Comodo Cloud Antivirus - BETA v1.13.423876.550

Both CIS and CCAV share same code base.
So they are identical.

so why cruelsister recommended to not use ccav on the previous releases? o.O

Do you have a video link with this statement from cruelsister ? As I know cruelsister, he has certainly made an explanation .

cant remember what video she did commented (or posted) about this statement, but if you want you can check all comodo related videos from her and see for yourself. cruelsister1 - YouTube

anyway, dont evade the subject. lets wait for some response about my question.

edit.: find something related: Comodo Firewall 10 vs Ransomware - YouTube

“cruelsister: Hard to say- the sandbox should be fine, but CCAV as it is curently is so gloopy that I would never use it. Also, the Comodo AV itself totally sucks- so why use an application that highlights it? CF is much more elegantly coded and has greater utility. My advice is pretend CCAV does not even exist (and remember- I’m a Comodo FanGirl!).”

I don´t want to avoid anything ! I just wanted to help you to finding an answer !

Release Notes link should also be added to the About Menu.

I think you got your answer ! But definitely not a very professional answer from cruelsister !!! I can find nothing constructive in it . Just generalized bleating !!!

you are avoiding my question. cruelsister is not working on comodo. she is not an comodo dev. so she is not the right person to answer my question. as she do some tests and reviews and said that ccav is not good, I would like to know from comodo if ccav is better now then the previous releases. Or what comodo have to say about her statement on behaf of ccav…

see? you did two posts quoting me without any kind of answer regardless my question… so you just did offtopic and avoided my question. :frowning:

How can someone answer your question without knowing the statement of cruelsister ? You quoted him !!! Anyway , the statement from cruelsister is far too general to be able to give an answer.

Your wanted Answer !!! :

I’m a fan of what he’s doing, but against this background, the answer of cruelsister is still unprofessional . Better it would have been , he just said : “I don´t know” !!!

[X] Block incomming connections (TCP)
[X] Block outgoing connections (TCP)
[X] Overrule the above, (Exclusions, added Web browser.)

Now i just need an option to allow web browsers to be specifically available to only save/modifiy bookmarks when running inside sandbox and i have a “perfect” config for my novice friends :-TU

Noted. Expect in next Beta please.

somebody with this new build running could, please, provide some informations about ram and cpu usage? please, if possible, show numbers (print or text).

and how is this new build working with windows 10 creators update UPDATED with latest CU?

Hi BlueTesta,
I think what you are asking already exists in some form.

e.g. If you launch browser in Sandbox and if you create any shortcuts, they remain in Sandbox version till you clean the Sandbox. So you could maintain Sandbox shortcuts as long as you don’t clear Sandbox contents.

Additionally, if you are Chrome user, you can always use your Chrome profile connected with gmail.

What other use case do you have?

Thanks
-umesh

So the user can decide if they want to run in/outside and still be available to open and save their bookmarks.

I gues most user would press on Clean Sandbox, instead of: Apply this action: End Task

Clean Sandbox looks attractive and eye caching, i think they wouldn’t think of using End Task to Save their Sandboxed Saved bookmarks.

Though they will most likely not even go to: Applications Running in Sandbox window anyway :slight_smile:

Essentially you are looking for a shared folder approach that you want to be able to save new bookmarks out of Sandbox and be able to import outside?

and for that matter any file from inside Sandbox?

thanks
-umesh

similar to CIS: Do not Virtualize acces to the specified files/folder “Shared spaces”

C:\Users*\AppData\Local\Comodo\Dragon\User Data\Default\Preferences
C:\Users*\AppData\Local\Comodo\Dragon\User Data\Default\Extensions*
C:\Users*\AppData\Roaming\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles*.default\places.sqlite*

Edit: in CIS when running web browser inside the sandbox, bookmarks is saved to the web browser profile, so when you started the web browser outside the sandbox, the bookmark was saved/added.

But in CCAV case only allow Web browsers to modify and save bookmarks in the real web browser profile.
(Not to allow any other program running inside the sandbox to modify the web browser profile)

[ ]Allow you to Save and modifiy your bookmarks when running web browser inside
the sandbox.
b[/b] This will allow you to save or modifiy bookmarks when you run a web browser inside the sandbox.

Feedback/idea.

They would “never” have to run the web browser outside the sandbox.

(but download loading a file will be a problem ofc)
I would guess a Shared folder could be added in the future, similar to CIS.

Or when you run a web browser inside the sandbox and you download file to any location
it will be redirected to the Comodo Shared space (and a ccav notification will popup that the downloaded file that you downloaded to your chosen folder was redirectd to Comod Shared space, go to CCAV menu to extract your file)

and if you want to save that downloaded file to the desktop you would have to go to the CCAV interface and click on(open) shared Space and drag that file from the CCAV interface “shared space window” to your desktop. (ofc any unknown would still be sandboxed if you would try to execute that file)

Edit: the downloads could be saved to the hidden BOXRoot folder(if comodo dont want to create a new hidden DownloadRoot folder) and when you try to download the file to: Destop, Program folder, Download folder or any else, the will will be redirected to BOXRoot, and user can only extract the file from CCAV ui Shared Space Menu.

Feedback

Add:
Clean Sandbox
End all sandboxed Tasks

when you right click on CCAV icon in the task bar.
(for those that hate widgets and dont want to open the ui)

Thanks for detailed ideas.

Running fine:

I dont like the new Auto sandbox alert (w10), want the old one back :frowning:
Disabling W10 notification for CCAV dosent work, to get back the old ccav notification.

Thanks, will check.