comodo cleaning essentials

I only have the fireall, nott he security edition of the comodo(so no comodo av), but i noticed there was something called comodo cleaning essentials. is that the same thing as the comoddo av? I downloaded it, and scanned my computer, and it scanned 770k files, whereas norton scans about 300k, and malwarebytes only 350k.

BTW,IS IT COMPATIBLE WITH WINDOWS 8? iT SAYS NO ON THE COMODO HOMEPAGE. I HAVE COMODO 6.3 BTW.

It’s not the same thing as Comodo AV although similar.

The version of CCE included in CIS should be compatible with Windows 8 and Windows 8.1 if I’m not mistaken.

great! going to check the links. i noticed cce scans wayy more files than any other scanner, which is strange. I also never understood why it needed to restart for root scans.

A restart’s always needed if you’re trying to look for rootkits. Rootkits by definition hide themselves. Usually by doing things like replacing the OS’s “listprocesses()” or “listfiles()” type functions. The famous Sony rootkit from ~2005 [Sony's DRM Rootkit: The Real Story - Schneier on Security] hid any file whose name started with “$sys$”.
So, once a rootkit’s up and running, it’s awfully hard to detect. I think the software requiring the reboot is trying to make sure it gets to run first and take control before a rootkit does.

I think to be really, really sure you don’t have a rootkit you’d need to boot off different media (like a read-only CD) - and preferably on a computer that you somehow know has a clean BIOS.