Comodo Cleaning Essentials BETA Bug Reports

Someone said, that other AV will be integrated into DACS later.
And G DATA has Avast engine.

I’m fully aware of that and Avast has release a new engine in their beta test before the final release comes out soon, and I believe G DATA might not have the same version engine.

It will be surely added; Later on the development stages of DACS

Jake

:-TU :-TU

Comodo Forum,

Comodo Cleaning Essential will not update on X64 Bits in Windows 7 Ultimate?
Could you fix, kind support!

Many,many thanks,

MMoose

To Support,

Topic: W7 64 bits O.S.

Re-download updated the early today. :o Still have problems updating!

W7 32 bits O.S. updating working fine. Still need work false postives!

Win 7 Pro 32 bits fully updated.

avast Internet Security 5.1 Beta.

Tried to run CCE and got 3 UACs questions. Allowed all. Nothing is loaded.
KillSwitch is running ok.

Right click the executable and run it as admin. It worked, the interface opened.

Application crashed after updating and start to run.

[attachment deleted by admin]

I had the same, it kept asking for UAC elevation wouldn’t accept it unless I started it with “run as” instead of “double-click”.

If it helps, the last scanned file to virus was a Mozy file.

How to report false positives?
Flashpaste (http://flashpaste.com/) (http://www.virustotal.com/file-scan/report.html?id=3984bd16dd5a932b880c7147d634f5b11c7fa107b33989c6a1c7375d9ab22011-1293797773).
And a business ERP application (http://www.virustotal.com/file-scan/report.html?id=fbf44719bed4537a7e5601913d04703df1cb59014427bf441fbef4bbce95fa56-1293797239).

How to get info about the “unknown” processes?
In fact, quite strange that some of them are unknown as they’re common applications like eMule, Free Download Manager, sTablauncher, AlphaClock free, Free Notifier (RSS), AMP WinOff…

cce_1.2.174769.31_x32

AppCrash

The avast sandbox storage folder was detected, in all partitions, as being a rootkit.
Is there a way to correct these “false positives”?

I noticed you added a image file hash check to ccekrnl. This doesn’t work because any malware that wants access can simply duplicate the handle from CCE.exe/KillSwitch.exe…

Hi Guys. Just an observation but when CCE is downloading the data base, it seems to be taking much longer about 3 times than the previous version. Do you all think this is deliberate on Comodos part for some reason now, or maybe a bug in this version.? I am using windows 7 32 bit with Cis and no other security.

Regards
Dave1234.

I’m posting a screenshot.

Also, the scanning hangs and stops there… The file is not always the same… What can I do?

Was testing killswitch with malware and it detects malware as safe.

http://www.virustotal.com/file-scan/report.html?id=b21526716068d2a8550780038e2b5ddb843d77890a07ec82ed9ce9dd0be52c64-1293707109

I scanned my computer with CCE, and it found several malwares. My response was to put it in exclusion. Once the scanning finish, I can’t access or change the exclusion status from CCE and the files. How to do it?

Best Regards.

1. Your Operating System (32 or 64 bit) and Service Pack revision - Windows 7 Premium, 64-bit
  2. Other Security and Utility Software Installed - CIS 5 (Latest Build)
  3. Step by step description to reproduce the issue -Ran a full scan, PC restarted then checked memory, hidden files and folders, hidden registry entries, then infected files. Scanned more than 1M objects in 38 minutes (which I thought was good). Found 41 infected objects, all of which I forwarded to Comodo for review because they were from trusted vendors and programs (primarily HP OfficeJet Printer with 25, Intel Rapid Storage with 6, Jungle Disk with 5,) I’m then told the system will restart and then check hidden services. The PC restarts, CCE does not start up automatically, so I opened the program, clicked “full scan”, and the initial process described above begins again. There is NO scanning of hidden services.
  4. How you tried to resolve the problem - Repeated procedure above and got the same results.
  5. Upload Memory Dumps on crash if you encounter any (see on bottom on how to do a memory dump or forced it to product a memory dump) <–This makes it easier for the delvopers to fix stubbern bugs, freezes, glitchs and such WITH THE BUG REPORT(not required but very very helpfull) (((If you don’t want to post the link to the memory dump, then PM a Mod with the link for the dump))))
  6. Attach screenshots to your posts to clarify the issue further
  7. Any other information you think that might be useful - I don’t know if this is a possible factor, but when I ran the full scan, I ended up closing the Results window without taking any action (other than forwarding the results to Comodo). Since the program indicated it was going to restart the PC then scan for hidden services, I assumed everything was OK.

I have several snapshots on the drive, so I understand that it would take awhile to scan my system.

However, in the last two days running beta1 and beta2, my system has frozen well into the scan, so it never gets to finish. I will wait for the next beta to try again. The last screenshot that I took before the freeze, after which my system locked up at about 7.5hrs into the scan.

I am running 32 bit, XP PRO SP2 with Vipre,DefenseWall.

P.S. Jacob, thanks for the kind welcome, in the other thread > Please post your screenshots of KillSwitch