Comodo CIS firewall problems with bitcomet

I’m running CIS 6.3.302093.2976, database 17491

Problem is that bitcomet won’t upload properly with the comodo firewall on. There is some upload going on, but its very low and certain torrents won’t upload at all.

When I disable the firewall everything goes back to normal and all active torrents start upload and with high speed. Enabling the firewall instantly lowers the upload speed and completely stops the upload of other torrents.

I’ve tried setting a custom ruleset for bitcomet, but it doesn’t work, doesn’t change anything at all.

Summary Operating System Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit SP1 CPU Intel Core i5 3330 @ 3.00GHz 28 °C Ivy Bridge 22nm Technology RAM 4.00GB Single-Channel DDR3 @ 798MHz (11-11-11-28) Motherboard ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC. P8B75-M LX PLUS (LGA1155) 19 °C Operating System Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit SP1

Okay, I fixed it by adding an exception for the port in the global ruleset, but for some reason this doesn’t work if I do it for the application itself.

I think this is most likely a bug, since allowing the program to freely receive and send should solve the issue, I don’t know why you have to create a global ruleset for the specific port to have it work.

This should be moved to the bugs forums.

Try giving BC the Allowed Application ruleset and see if that fixes it for you.

If it works with the Allowed Application we know the Global Rule you made is working. You can then focus on finetuning the application rule.

Its working now, but as I said shouldn’t just allowing the program be enough?

Like it only works with a global rule to allow tcp/udp for that port, if I don’t have this then the application rule don’t matter.

I assume you have a block rule in your global rules?

If you have a Global rule that reads something like “Block IP In From MAC Any To MAC Any Where Protocol Is Any” then that has a higher priority than the application rules, so if you have an application rule that uses the “Allowed Application” preset then it is just working as “Outgoing Only” preset unless you make more global rules to allow that traffic and place them above the global block rule.

The above is why I don’t like to create global block rules, the only global rule I have is “Allow IP In/Out From In [Home] To In [Home] Where Protocol Is Any” which allows local traffic, this lets me create application rules and actually use them correctly without having to worry about creating global allow rules for everything that needs incoming traffic.

Incoming traffic first goes through Global Rules and then through Application Rules. That’s why you need to open the ports in Global Rules and then make an application rule. It’s how the firewall is designed.