Comodo CIS 5.5 Windows 7 - Delayed Internet Connection

I have Comodo Firewall 5.5 on Windows 7 x64 and I’ve notice that on startup, at the windows desktop, my internet connection icon is “busy” with the windows circle.
It takes a couple of minutes for it to start and I don’t have an internet connection while this is going on - what’s with the delay?
Can this be resolved?
I’d appreciate any guidance.

I assume your connected to a router?

Check out this FAQ: https://forums.comodo.com/firewall-faq-cis/no-network-connection-after-using-stealth-ports-wizard-dhcp-broken-t41463.0.htm.

Slow Internet connection startup at boot time is usually a result of DHCP problems. You will have to add a global rule for IP address 255.255.255.255 and move it to the top of your existing global rules as noted in the above FAQ.

…that didn’t work…

There will always be a slight delay for full network connectivity to start, especially inbound, as this has security implications, at least until all the drivers have finished loading. However, the delay is usually not noticeable.

Are you using all of the CIS components - Firewall/D+/AV/Sandbox. Also, you sing any additional security applications alongside CIS? In addition, it might be a good idea to see what other processes are loading at start-up.

I’m using just Avast alongside Comodo.
The inernet/network delay started after I installed Comodo.
The only 2 items in my startup are Comodo and Avast - I keep it clean.
And yes I’m using Firewall, Defense+, ( no Sandobox).
Maybe I’ll try to disable Defense+ to see if it’s the culprit and take it from there.

If you’re interested, you can always use the Windows Performance Analysis Tools to track the boot process.