Comodo causing freeze up when launching programs

I installed Comodo Firewall and disabled all the other stuff that I don’t need, like auto-containment, HIPS, virusscope, website filter, dragon browser, security essentials, etc. It is also a Firewall only install but the lag freeze occurs while the entire Internet Security is installed too.

Every time I launch a program there is a 1 second lag where my mouse pointer goes unresponsive and the computer completely freezes before the program opens. This also occurs when loading to a new webpage in Chrome and Firefox. It also occurs in full screen games, it feels like when ever anything puts a load, no matter how small, the computer freezes.

I uninstall Comodo and the problem is gone. I re-install comodo and the problem is back. The problem is comodo.

I quit using Comodo a few major version back because of the performance impact, well not even performance, just Comodo causing lag spikes which kind of makes the computer unusable.

Comodo also seems to be the cause of mouse input lag, like my house has a slight latency issue. Again, this goes away when comodo goes away.

Basic computer config is a 3rd gen i7 with 16gb of ram running Windows 10 64bit on a 500gb SSD.

How can I fix the lag freeze up that Comodo Firewall is causing?

I did a performance thing from https://forums.comodo.com/bug-reports-cis/steps-to-collect-performance-data-during-slowdown-t118342.0.html;msg851833#msg851833 like you asked others to do. It is 300mb. Not sure how to slim it down. Did a second one that was about 3 seconds long and it’s 260mb.

Hi ZombieX,

Welcome to Forum.

I did a performance thing from https://forums.comodo.com/bug-reports-cis/steps-to-collect-performance-data-during-slowdown-t118342.0.html;msg851833#msg851833 like you asked others to do. It is 300mb. Not sure how to slim it down. Did a second one that was about 3 seconds long and it's 260mb.

Sorry for the inconvenience caused. Please compress the file using 7-zip and upload to some online storage e.g. google drive and share the link to download the compressed data via personal message.
Thanks in advance.

Kind Regards,
PremJK

Logs have been submitted by PM.

Will I hear anything back?

Hi ZombieX,

Our developers are looking the provided log. Will update you once we get feedback from them. Thanks for your patience.

Kind Regards,
PremJK

I noticed this post and wanted to add that I too am experiencing micro lag with CIS. It takes between 1 or 2 seconds to get any new programs going. The same applies when Comodo prompts me for new rules, and doubly applies when launching a program that prompts for new rules. I was at first attributing the problem to having finally installed all Spectre/Meltdown security updates, both OS and Bios, but the lag is definitely Comodo related.

Hi Tesseractus,

Please follow the steps provided here and compress the file performancedata.etl using 7-zip and upload to some online storage e.g. google drive and share us the download link of compressed data via personal message.
Thanks in advance.

Kind Regards,
PremJK

Hello

I have exactly same problem except that the lag is up to 10-15 seconds before launching an app, but unfortunatelly I was unable to get the xperf command to work properly on my system (W7 Pro 64bit).

observed on:

CFW 10.2.0.6522
CFW 10.2.0.6514

https://forums.comodo.com/firewall-help-cis/severe-application-start-slowdown-after-upgrading-to-comodo-firewall-10206514-t121669.0.html

The same problem here, except in my case lag is even longer (sometimes up to minute)! It does not matter what app I start, there is always terrible delay when Comodo Firewall is running. When I close Comodo, apps start immediatelly. Tested on very clean freshly installed & updated w7/64b, with the latest CIS…