Comodo cause a problem with startup IME bar when the default keyboard/language (not the interface language) of Windows set to Japanese . after windows welcome machine, Comodo causes several malfunctional phantom IME bars to appear. have to be dragged and dropped away to disappear on its own. but Comodo will show one bar again if right clicked or opened unless you switch language while the window is active. Here is video of the problem : - YouTube
- What you did:booting computer normally while CFP installed
- What actually happened or you actually saw: IME language toolbar keeps showing up in a strange way and in the wrong place, it is not even functional, just can be dragged and dropped, it has different look from the actual one, when dragged and dropped then click anywhere else, it disappears. If you right click CFP icon, it appears again. if you open CFP too.
- What you expected to happen or see: CFP should not invoke this IME language toolbar, after windows boot up, CFP should use the standard language bar .
- How you tried to fix it & what happened: I tried to find a way to set English as default for CFP only, but I couldn’t find such solution.
- Details (exact version) of any software involved with download link: Not applicable
- Any other information (eg your guess regarding the cause, with reasons):
I suspect the “phantom/wrong” IME toolbar that appears, is the same one Windows show during startup screen to enable users to write in eastern languages, however, this keyboard layout might be deactivated by Windows after fully loading . instead standard language bar with IME becomes active. for some reason CFP is stuck with the startup IME instead of the standard language bar after bootup.
- Screenshots illustrating the bug:Appended
- Screenshots of related event logs or the active processes list:Not applicable
- A CIS config report or file.Not applicable
- Crash or freeze dump file:Not applicable
- CIS version, AV database version & configuration used: 4.1.150349.920 and 5.0.163652.1142, Firewall security
- Whether you imported a configuration, if so from what version: No
- Defense+ and Sandbox OR Firewall security level:Safe, Sandbox=disabled
- OS version, service pack, no of bits, UAC setting, & account type: WinWindows XP, SP3, 32 bit, N/A, Admin account.
- Other security and utility software running:Ad-Aware
- Virtual machine used (Please do NOT use Virtual box):Not applicable
[attachment deleted by admin]