Comodo BSOD 0xc0000018 [I43]

Hello comodo community! Im having the same issues on my laptop with windows 8.1 64 bit and the latest comodo firewall version (when i restart my computer i get a bluescreen with the 0xc0000018 error)! Although im not using avast antivirus but avira. Is my computer in danger? What to do in order to solve this problem?

I forgot to mention that my laptop (lenovo g585) is equiped with the amd e1-1200 apu processor (gpu Radeon HD 7310). The apu drivers are up to date as well.

I have split this into its own topic.

Please edit your first post so that it is using the format provided here. Just copy the code and paste it into your first post. Then type your responses after the columns. To see how it will look use the preview button.

Also attach a process list from the computer experiencing this and a diagnostics report as well. In addition please set your computer to create full kernal dumps. Then, after getting a BSOD again, upload the dump file to a file sharing site, such as this one and paste the download link in your first post. If it’s not possible to replicate then use the format I requested and attach the MiniDump file.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Thank you.

PM reminder sent.

For the time being I will move this to the Non-Format Verified board.

Topics in this board are rarely looked at by the devs, and even if they are it is unlikely the devs can fix the bugs reported. The reason is that putting bug reports in the required format, with the required files, ensures that the devs have enough information to understand and identify the bug. Thus, without this it becomes very difficult to replicate a bug such as yours.

To get your report forwarded to the devs please put this in the required format, and attach all required files.

If you have any questions please do not hesitate to ask.

Thank you.

Can you please check and see if this is fixed with the newest version (7.0.313494.4115)? Please respond to this topic letting us know whether it is fixed or if you are still experiencing the problem.

Also, note that all bug reports in the Non-Format section of the forum, which is where this report currently is, are mainly not looked at by the devs. Thus, if the bug you were experiencing is still not fixed please edit your first post so that it is in the correct format (found here, with all required attachments), so I can forward this to the devs and get this problem fixed.

Thank you.

PM sent.

Can you please check and see if this is fixed with the newest version (8.0.0.4337)? Please respond to this topic letting us know whether it is fixed or if you are still experiencing the problem.

Also, note that all bug reports in the Non-Format section of the forum, which is where this report currently is, are mainly not looked at by the devs. Thus, if the bug you were experiencing is still not fixed please edit your first post so that it is in the correct format (found here, with all required attachments), so I can forward this to the devs and get this problem fixed.

Thank you.