Comodo Boclean Official Release Feedback

Thought I would start a new thread for feedback on the Official Release version. I installed it this morning on XP Pro SP2 and havent run into any problems yet.

(:CLP)

As far as I can see is the Official Release version the same as the version we tested the last few days. Maybe one of the Moderators can shine a light on this ???

Greetz, Red.

Just some confusion my part

Here: http://www.comodo.com/boclean/CBO_download.html

It says only for

Operating Systems

• Windows 2000
  • Windows XP

Here: Free Malware Removal and Scanner 2022 | Best Anti-Malware
it says: runs on ALL versions and patch levels of Windows from Windows95 FIRST release with or without upgrading since, Windows98, Windows98SE, Windows Millennium (ME), Windows NT 3.5, NT 4.0 (with or without service pack upgrades), Windows 2000 Pro, Server, and Enterprise Editions, and Windows XP Home and Professional Edition. Preliminary tests with Win2003 server and “Longhorn”/Vista also indicate full compatibility. BOClean’s functionality will work at any patch level, with or without service packs or patches since their original installation as well as all service packs and patches released by Microsoft over the years. BOClean also supports the LITESTEP replacement Windows Shell.

and here: http://www.comodo.com/boclean/supboc.html#bocinfo

It says:
BOClean runs on ALL versions and patch levels of Windows from Windows95 FIRST release with or without upgrading since, Windows98, Windows98SE, Windows Millennium (ME), Windows NT 3.5, NT 4.0 (with or without service pack upgrades), Windows 2000 Pro, Server, and Enterprise Editions, and Windows XP Home and Professional Edition. Preliminary tests with Win2003 server and “Longhorn”/Vista also indicate full compatibility. BOClean’s functionality will work at any patch level, with or without service packs or patches since their original installation as well as all service packs and patches released by Microsoft over the years. BOClean also supports the LITESTEP replacement Windows Shell.

Which is it?

Have all the bugs reported in this board since Melih leaked the program last weekend been sorted now?

Apparently not if you run Win98 or ME…

I can confirm that I’m getting the same exact error messages on a Win98SE install attempt.

=======
Error Starting Program
The CBO_SETUP_4.23.EXE file is
linked to missing SHELL32.DLL:SHGetFolderPathW.

I’ll repeat my question of my first thread . . .
Is the new Comodo BOClean not for Win98SE any longer?

I think the time was too short to solve all issues. And that they didn’t want a delay, because with most people Comodo BOCLean works fine :slight_smile: I am sure they will release an update as soon as possible :slight_smile:

Greetz, Red.

I agree, but the docs on the various sites are confusing…

CajunTek & NewView,

I’ll see if we can’t get some clarification on the supported OS.

I know we’ve seen in the “preview” that Kevin said there’s an issue to be resolved to continue 98 function. I may not get a response on that right away, but I’ll try.

It looked to me like the old info was largely “copied” to the new location, as there were things in there related to versions long gone, which no longer seemed applicable. However, part of the point of 4.23 was Vista compatibility, so you’d think that at least would be listed. However, as with so many companies, the team that develops the website is apparently a different team than does the software. Thus, there’s plenty of room for crossed wires… All Comodo’s stuff so far is only XP & W2K compatible, so that may be a part of it…

LM

Little Mac, can you confirm that the “Official Version” is the same version as the “Preview” ???

Greetz, Red.

I have heard nothing otherwise, so AFAIK (although I can neither officially confirm nor deny anything, as I am not in an official capacity with Comodo… ) it is the same; no changes have been made.

LM

the current version we have launched has support for win2k and xp only.
we are working on the rest…

thank you.

Melih

Are you sure? I’m just running it on Vista Home Premium 32bit and no problems. Not sure detection itself wise, but at least it’s not causing problems when there isn’t any problems…
UAC is however disabled, maybe thats the reason for CBOClean to operate problem free even now…

Aparently there are serious issues with Vista that they don’t support it for know. That doesn’t mean that it can not run on Vista withought any issues :wink:

Greetz, Red.

Vista is a serious issue all in itself. LOL!!!

Thanks!

I’m looking forward to it.

Are you saying that support will continue for Win9x at least in stand alone versions of Comodo BOClean?

I installed the “preview” version yesterday if thats what it really was. Uninstalled that today and dl the “official” release. The install was a little bit different. So it leads me to believe a thing or 2 got changed at the last second.