Comodo BoClean Anti-Malware Feedback

Everything is working fine on my system.

Windows XP MCE with Samurai, Wehntrust software enabled.

I’m very impressed!

I ran the SPYCAR test to see if it picked up and removed the malware.

Comodo BOClean did crash twice running the SPYCAR files but only for two of them and the spycar test for those files didn’t run so it stopped them in any case and Comodo BOClean removed the files before it crashed.

If you want the technical information from the technical support thingy just let me know…
Anyway, here’s the CBOC log after the test.

04/22/2007 10:16:03: SPYCAR VARIANT STOPPED BY BOCLEAN!
Trojan horse was found in memory.
Í contained the trojan.
Active trojan horse WAS shut down. System safe.
Logged in user: *****

04/22/2007 10:18:00: SPYCAR VARIANT STOPPED BY BOCLEAN!
}a contained the trojan.

04/22/2007 10:18:01: SPYCAR MALWARE STOPPED by BOCLEAN!
D:\SOFTWARE\HKCU_RUNONCE.EXE contained the trojan.
Active trojan horse WAS shut down. System now safe.

04/22/2007 10:18:20: SPYCAR VARIANT STOPPED BY BOCLEAN!
}a contained the trojan.

04/22/2007 10:19:55: SPYCAR VARIANT STOPPED BY BOCLEAN!
k contained the trojan.

04/22/2007 10:19:56: SPYCAR MALWARE STOPPED by BOCLEAN!
D:\SOFTWARE\ALTERHOSTSFILE.EXE contained the trojan.
Active trojan horse WAS shut down. System now safe.

04/22/2007 10:30:03: SPYCAR VARIANT STOPPED BY BOCLEAN!
k contained the trojan.

The change hosts file test was picked up by my Antivir PE Premium but from what I can tell they detected it at the same time or within the same minute my logs don’t show the seconds.

Anyway, I love it! https://forums.comodo.com/Smileys/default/image002.gif
Bounce

First of all, thank you Comodo for this 4.23 release. I have some feedback too:

1. The path for the BOClean update files is C:\Documents and Settings[User]\Local Settings\Temp. I’ve always manually removed the temporary files in this folder, since many programs leave temporary files here. Now, for the first time, this was a bad idea because BOClean uses the folder for permanent files. Thus, I had to re-install BOClean and now leave the (update) files. Suggestion: Change this path to a more proper one! E.g. C:\Documents and Settings[User]\Application Data\Comodo\BOClean. (Or why not just in the C:\Program Files\Comodo\BOClean)

2. A question: If hiding the tray icon, how can I access the BOClean GUI? If I click the shortcut on the start menu, nothing happens, because BOClean already runs in the background. It seems like you have to right click the tray icon to access settings etc. ?

Thanks,
LeoniAquila

I’m using Vista Home Premium and the download went smooth but I learned form the previous, I have the UAC turned off.

BOClean still alerts you just like the previous version if you go grc.com and try their firewall leaktest.

04/22/2007 06:57:08: LEAKTEST 1.2 DEMO VARIANT STOPPED BY BOCLEAN!
C:\USERS***\DESKTOP\LEAKTEST.EXE contained the trojan.

However if you run the test a second time the leaktest will bypass BOClean, Kevin can you me help me with this, it never happend with version 4.22

That icon sitting in the tray sucks, what happend to the little gray box with the vaccum

Check for update and covered malware hangs alot longer than the previous version also.
With 4.22 I could click on the update box or covered malware box and it was 1-2-3.

@ LeoniAquila re q2, Apparently you can’t Free Malware Removal and Scanner 2022 | Best Anti-Malware

...... Because the traybar icon and BOClean screens are hidden by this option, [b]selecting this will also make BOClean's configuration screen unavailable to the end user and should be carefully considered.[/b] As is the case with the "hide configuration" checkbox above, a warning will be delivered that this option is irreversible from BOClean's configuration and the option is given to cancel this mode if selected.

Can anyone tell me which part of the interface you drag a file into in order to have it scanned?

Hi,

It’s the one that pops up after right clicking the system tray icon.

Mike

So far no problems, but yes I agree, that icon is really ugly. What is it anyway?

I dont know buts its F-U-G-L-Y

Perhaps for the official release something more simular to the usual Comodo Icons. I don’t mind the current one though… (V) (:CLP)

So it sounds like the new version was released. And here the owners that paid fof Boclean have not been notified. Just how do we update?? Pay again?? :frowning: And I thought the paying customers were going to be told about this. Thats gratitude I suppose

dwax-
A previous post from KM, hope this helps.

Melih jumped the gun. While he may have had good intentions, he announced the release without Kevin’s knowledge (or approval.) Yes, Kevin should’ve had final say as to whether it was ready to go or not. The release caught Kevin by surprise and now he has to fight fires because of the lack of documentation.

As to us paid users, I can only guess that we’ll just have to download the freebie like everyone else. I don’t think they are going to keep track as to who the former paid users are. No reason to at this point. I’m going to wait for awhile before I update to 4.23.

You can’t. I guess you’ll have to contact Kevin and ask him how to do it. That option was to “permanently” hide the tray icon - usually for someone wanting to run it hidden on a network. Of course all that is in the documentation that won’t be out for a few more days (not Kevin’s fault.)

Another thing to add, this has happend twice already.
If I right click on BOC from the tray icon it will not open, no acess to the menu.
The only thing I can do is reboot to fix the problem.
I know its a new release but the problems I’m seeing in 4.3 were no where to be found in 4.22

a small thing. in windows vista when using the boclean update, the progress bar does not work.

Hi Dwax

the official release is on Tuesday. We are doing a dry run with our forum users to make sure everything is good to go prior to Tuesday Launch. Please, once again, I would like to re-iterate without your support there would be no BOClean. Please accept our gratitude and we look forward to your continued support.

thank you

Melih

I used Vista with verison 4.22 and never had any trouble opening the menu bar, this has nothing to do with updating BOC.

I had the same problem when I first installed BOC without rebooting. Once I rebooted and ok’d all of the firewall prompts then everything started working just fine. Using XPSP2.

Would like to see the version # somewhere though.

jasper

Nice save…NOT! (:LGH)

Of course you know that within minutes of announcing the release in these forums, the ENTIRE WORLD knew about it. (:TNG)

Since this seems to be the official feedback thread, I’ll post this very minor issue in this thread also. The version number doesn’t appear to be listed in the GUI like it was before.

See this post:

https://forums.comodo.com/index.php/topic,8153.0.html