CIS Anti-Virus has been blocking the installation (update) of the latest version of Freemake Video Converter, http://www.freemake.com/free_video_converter/?from=app (I’m using a recently previous version). It’s blocking it for “CloudSanner.Trojan.Gen[at]2[at]1.” Problem is that this is almost certainly a false positive, since Freemake has had false positives in the past, especially with ESET and MBAM, and scans assiduously. For me, assuming it is a false positive, the question is how do I exclude a .tmp file that disappears as soon as it’s blocked; i.e., how do I get around this block? Thanks,
Update: I turned off Comodo to complete the installation, but I am wondering how one solves the problem other than doing that.
I hope that’s the case, but after 45 minutes trying to figure this out, I’m finding your suggestion and the linked instructions inpenetrable relative to what I’m seeing on screen. Does “disable the rule that blocks all malware” mean to change the line with All Applications as Target and Malware as Reputation to Action = Ignore? That does bring up a warning box but has no effect on the result, i.e., it still blocks the install with a malware message, so that’s not it. That setting also appears redundant to those below. In the linked instructions, it says to choose a Target after changing the Action, but the browse button is greyed out on all Action choices. I’m no computer dummy, but I’m just not seeing the way through this. In fact, I don’t understand what it is I’m trying to accomplish (in Comodo terms), since I didn’t know anything was being sandboxed without a warning and a choice on my part.
Btw, all of this derives from the update of version 7 to 8 two weeks ago that failed and ■■■■■■■ up my OS, which was further messed up by the Geek Buddy rep, in the end requiring an in-place repair of Win 8.1 and reinstallation of Comodo, meaning I’ve had to start over and face problems like this.
Can you see what happens when you use the button under Enable Rule column on the right side of the block rule to disable.
Btw, all of this derives from the update of version 7 to 8 two weeks ago that failed and ■■■■■■■ up my OS, which was further messed up by the Geek Buddy rep, in the end requiring an in-place repair of Win 8.1 and reinstallation of Comodo, meaning I've had to start over and face problems like this.
I am expecting this to be a problem of a different kind.
Changing the enable rule column had no effect. Unchecking ‘do not show popup alerts’ worked, as it allows me to exclude files/processes that need to be excluded. All of that is not so obvious, but at least there’s progress. Thanks,