Comodo blocking internet program startup

Hey all,

I definatly found a bug.

I installed the new update that just popped up (latest, currently can’t see the build number because i had to system restore), updated and restarted accordingly.

No errors during install, no errors during boot nor any errors during system initialization.

The moment i try to start ANY browser (Chrome, IE, Firefox Opera, whatever) it hangs with a small initial boot memory of about 1.336 kb and then it closes.

The same thing happens with every single other browser i start up, it loads its initial memory and then it gets forced closed without any error by comodo.

I first, ofcourse, tried to close comodo but that made no difference either so it’s an error on a deep level (kernel?).

Restored system to 1 minute before installation, problem gone, install it again, reboot, problem there again, go back, problem gone and so on so on.

Running Win7 64bit. I think it might be an issue in platform movement since Win 8 is now supported, it might load the wrong files or whatever.

No error logs to show because no errors where created :), it just failed.

Small edit:
Running version that works: 5.12.256249.2599
Virus db: 14144 (not that that matters :P)

I have to agree. After downloading the latest update my browser Fiefox was extremely slow. I checked my broadband speed which was fine so I tried IE and that proved slow as well.

After trying various things I decided to do a system restore and both browsers ran fine. After downloading the update again the problem reoccurred. I have now done this twice again and it’s definitely the Comodo update causing the problem.

I have turned of the updates in Preferences but would have preferred to update to keep it in top condition.

I have been using Comodo for over five years and this is the first problem I have encountered.

I am running Vista Home Edition.

Keith

Can you please try reinstalling CIS and see if that solves your problems. To do this first back up your rules, assuming you want to keep them, and then reinstall it by following the advice I give in this post.

I’m assuming this is just due to the program not updating correctly, and therefore reinstalling it in this way will let us know if it is due to that (in which case you will no longer see any problems) or something else, which will indeed be indicative of a bug.

Please let me know if reinstalling by following the advice in my other post works.

Thank you.

Well here is the latest update.

I created a system restore point and then un-installed CIS. I checked that all traces had been removed.

I then turned on Windows Firewall to check my browsers, they all worked fine, so I turned off the Windows Firewall and then downloaded the latest version of CIS, I updated it and the problems returned.

I then tried to restore to the restore point I created and an error came up saying unable to restore. I tried this a couple of time and tried other restore points all with same outcome.

I still had an old version of CIS x86 backed up so I downloaded this and updated the data base.
I then disabled automatically check for updates restarted my computer and it’s running fine.

Perhaps I will update it in the future to see what happens but I’ve had enough for one day :cry:

This sounds like a bug to me. If you have the time and energy please consider filing a bug report in the Bug Reports - CIS board following the format as described in FORMAT & GUIDE - just COPY/PASTE it!.

Reporting of bugs is strictly moderated to make sure Comodo gets clear bug reports. So, please make sure you closely follow protocol. That way your report will certainly be seen by Comodo staff.

Thanks very much for your issue report. We have moved it to the non-format bugs board for the moment, because too much of the information we normally need to replicate a problem and fix it is missing, or it is not in the format we request.

We realize some people may not have the time to do bug report in standard format, and therefore offer the option of a non-format report instead. But the problem is much more likely to be fixed promptly if you edit your first post to create an issue report which meets all criteria in the Checklist and Format. (You can copy and paste the format from this topic). The general reasons why are summarized in that post, the reasons we ask for specific pieces of information are given in this detailed post.

You can get your report moved to the format verified issues board simply by ensuring that it is correctly formatted and all criteria are met, and PM’ing a mod who is active on the bug board.