COMODO blocking activity of an already Safe/Trusted file!

So, I finished playthrough 1 of Borderlands in Steam.

Time to play the first DLC. Must input my CD-KEY.

Hold on, Borderlands crashes when I try to access the first DLC…why?

Oh, COMODO is blocking the Shell Injection Code of Borderlands.exe. Its flags is “Shell Code Injection

So I add Borderlands to Comodo’s “Trusted Files”. And I try again.

It still blocks it. “Shell Code Injection”.

You know, COMODO is really a neat firewall, but for THE SAKE OF HUMANITY, a trusted file is a TRUSTED FILE IS A TRUSTED FILE!!! STOP BLOCKING IT!

…i need help guys.

PS: COMODO is also doing this to Malaware Bytes. Its a trusted file that isn’t trusted enough to be given full access.

You need to add Borderlands.exe to the Exclusions of shellcode injections.

Making a program Trusted allows the program to do a lot. But it does not disable shellcode injection detections. Nor does it allow the program to start other programs. Making a program Trusted does not “cure” everything.

Moving to D+ help board.

That’s funny…they are already in the Exclusions list.

So why da HECK did it still block the darn thing???

Am playing Borderlands DLC#1 (Island of Dr. Ned) as of now. I had to disable COMODO and run Borderlands (through Steam), and go to Jakob’s Cove. Once there, I pressed alt+tab and reactivated COMODO.

When I play DLC #2 (enter CD-Key and all that jazz again), and it still blocks the darn thing…its going to be like, “ARG MAN”…-_-

Try giving Borderland.exe the Installer/Updater policy and see if that helps out here. Make sure when you made the rule to move it to a place somewhere above the All Application rules in Defense + Rules.

When that does not help please post a screenshot of the D+ logs. They are in View Defense + Events.

Gosh, uh…I uh…

How do you do those things? I’d like to do them but…

Sorry, am just a gamer. The only time I was ever knowledgeable about the intricacies of software was way back during the MS-DOS days.

Here is the drill.

Go to:

• Defense + → Computer Security Policy → Defense + Rules
  • Choose Add → Select → Browse
  • Look up and select the Borderland.exe file → Apply

Now look at the list of Defense + Rules and find Borderland.exe. It is somewhere underneath a rule called “All Applications”. Move the rule for Borderland.exe (drag and drop it) to a place somewhere above the All Applications Rule.

Now select the rule for Borderland.exe → Eidt → Use a Predefined Policy → choose Installer/Updater → Apply --Ok. Now we are back in the main screen.

How to post a screenshot?

To copy a screenshot of the active window push alt+print screen to copy the active window to the clipboard (pushing print screen will copy the complete window to the clipboard not just the active window). The window is now copied to the clipboard. Paste the image in any image editing program, Paint, Paint.net, the Gimp etc. Use the “crop” function to resize the canvas to size of the image. Now save the file as 32 bits png image.

At the forum push the reply button. Or when using the Quick reply type some text and push the preview button.

Underneath the text box click on Additional options. Push the Choose button and navigate to the file and select it. When you want to post more images click on the more attachments link.

When done typing push the Post or Preview button.