Comodo Backup - Vista compatibility?

G’day all,

Does anyone know if Comodo Backup is compatible with Vista? And X64 versions of XP? I don’t have either to test and have just been asked this and said I would find out.

Cheers,
Ewen :slight_smile:

I don’t think any of the Comodo desktop products are compatible with Vista as of yet.

I just attempted to install BackUp on MS Vista Ultimate, and it would not install. Gave me the message to contact vendor for version that will run on current OS. (:SAD)

When will we see a version of BackUp that will work with Vista

Comodo has not currently released a date, however I would say sometime next year if I had to guess.

Hey panic,

Here is a workaround:

1. Install with xp sp2 compatibility (right-click on installer and at compatibility tab, check xp sp2).
  2. Reboot.
  3. Start the program with the Administrator (right-click and Run as Administrator).

Maybe not necessery: If the copy process seems to stop, try to re-run the backup job. I tried simple copy process, only.

Outlook backup workaround:
It’ll add C:\Users[i]USERNAME[/i]C:\Users[i]USERNAME[/i]AppData\Local\Identities{CODESHERE}\Microsoft\Outlook Express\ to the job, simply delete the C:\Users[i]USERNAME[/i] part and it will work.
Arki