Comodo BackUp & Time Machine

I had crash on 14 June, with TM (ran out of restore points) and could not get it working. Fortunately I had done a CB with “User Settings”, except I could not get it to work & restore the files.

As of now, have restored everything, but, am really hesitant about using either TM or CB. Any suggestions as to maybe I should have used another Back up setting, and like what would be the best?
And, can CB be on the same disc as Vista OS?

My liking of Comodo backup is the fact that I can do it to CD, DVD and Comodo asks what file size for the discs that I want to use. I have looked at other programs, but, even though they will backup to CD/DVD they don’t have a way of pre-defining the amount to put on the discs, like Comodo does.

Any other suggestions? Guess, I was really hoping both these options (TM & CB) would work okay

Thanks, DAve :-\

I’m testing CTM beta and Comodo Backup (stable not beta), but I need to interact more to post.
Just that CTM is a rollback system (restore snapshots) and not a backup tool. For that, there is CB.

I'm testing CTM beta and Comodo Backup (stable not beta), but I need to interact more to post. Just that CTM is a rollback system (restore snapshots) and not a backup tool. For that, there is CB.

Since I’m a “Newbie” I didn’t make myself as clear as I thot I had. I know CB & CTM are two different programs. I have both, and CTM is what “Apparently” caused my problem crash. CB contributed to it, as I had BU with CB, my “user” files…but, could not restore them for whatever reason.

Any suggestions appreciated…though. Thanx, Dave 8)