Comodo Backup does not start with Windows

Hello there,

I really like the Comodo Backup Solution, it’s fast and intuitive. Theres only one thing i cannot figure out: there is no setting to make Backup start with Windows! (see attachment).

Whats wrong, is autostart option enabled for you?
Version in use: Comodo Backup v1.0.2.0
Thank you in advance,

Decodix

[attachment deleted by admin]

Hi Decodix

Welcome to Comodo forums and Comodo Backup

CB Starts as a service. It will have ComodoBackupService running and on automatic if it is working properly. Make sure in your settings for your backup that you have “Service Backup” checked under “Backup Type” when you schedule a backup to run.

Hope it works as well for you as it does for me.

John

Hi John,

thank you very much, the right backup type does it for me, backup is running well now.

Bye
Decodix

Hello,

The Backup Type is grayed out and set to User Mode. How can i change it to System Mode?

I have even uninstalled and reinstalled and it is still grayed out.

I am running version 1.0.4.337 on windows Vista

I am logged on as the administrator as well.

Thanks!

Hi xtmsports

Welcome!!

Can you check to see that your “ComodoBackupService” is running and on automatic in services.msc. If it is then you may have found a bug in Backup running on Vista.

Go to start → run and type services.msc. I believe it is the same on Vista as on XP which I have.

John

Hi John,

Yes the service is set to auto and is running. I have noticed this on Windows XP as well. On both XP and Vista PCs, it was installed by a local admin.

i have tried to uninstall and reinstall to no success.