We are happy to announce that COMODO Backup 4.0.6 was released to public.
The new website is available here: http://backup.comodo.com
- Automatic scan for certain file types (pictures, documents, music, video) and preview of these file types with the new eye-catchy CBWizard
- 5GB free Online Storage
- Default backup type is incremental
- Cbu file properties in explorer to show extended backup information
- Schedule to run every X minutes
- Success & error email notifications for backup contain log file as attachment (if a log file was specified).
- COS setup is optional to install with CB
- All logs are located in %TEMP%\ComodoLogsFolder (user programs) and \Windows\Temp\ComodoLogsFolder (services) for debugging easier any issues. They should be posted with each bug report.
- More detailed logging including size of the backup compressed / uncompressed when finished
- All advanced backup/restore settings were grouped in backup/restore step 3
- Descriptive text for error codes encountered during backup / restore
- All strings are translated in all languages except logging strings and some strings in setup. You can help us improve existing translations here.
- Comodo Backup runs by default as invoker. This avoids UAC prompt for each program start.
- Better speed when uploading/downloading via CB Online Storage TAB
- Better speed for file&directories cbu backup / restore
- Improved incremental cbu backup to Online Storage
- Corrupted .cbu files&directories backups can now be restored. If a portion of a backup is corrupted, CB restores as many files as possible
- Issues with WinPE
- Issues with 120DPI and other minor issues
- Issues when appending a backup to same backup file (error 90)
- Issues with incremental simple copy
- Memory leak in COSService.exe when backing up large files
- CBU launches very slow
- Setup update & repair issues
- Support for netbook resolution
- Backup which failed for some partitions with unrecognized or without volumes
- Some CBU.exe crashes
- Issues with backup to email and email notification
- Disk priority issue (using other priority than default caused backup speed to be very slow)
- Diagnostic issues when running under limited account or with UAC on
- Some restore options which were not added to the .cbs script
- Check disk running sometimes when “raw read” option was used
- Progress for backup to ZIP
- Installation which stall in some cases
- Mirror(clone) backups which sometimes corrupted the operating system
- The “Register for free” button from COS login screen from CB Wizard does not work;
- The “Pause” button doesn’t work for several backup operations;
- On some operating systems, there is a delay when logging into the COS account;
- Issues with ISO, ZIP backups to FTP, Email;
- GUI hangs when attempting to start backup operations during the list population of the backup sources;
- The application doesn’t prompt for Adobe Flash player to be installed, in order to view the movies from Highlights;
- CB Wizard has a delay and a high memory usage when displaying a large number of items;
Please use this topic to report your bugs. Our moderators collect these bugs and submit them to the devs.
Setup for Windows Vista 32-bit and 64-bit, Windows 2003 Server 32-bit and 64-bit, Windows XP 32-bit and 64-bit, Windows 2008 Server 32-bit and 64-bit, Windows 7 32-bit and 64-bit:
Setup file size & checksums:
33.12 MB (34732648 bytes)