COMODO BackUp 4.0.1 BETA2 Bug Reports

Please post all bug reports & BSOD’s here.

Be sure to include:

• Your Operating System (and whether it’s 32bit/64bit);
  • Other Backup & Security Software Installed;
  • How you produced the problem;
  • How you tried to resolve the problem;
  • Screen-shots with the error (if any);
  • Post Memory Dumps on crash if you encounter any;
  • file system (FAT32/NTFS/…)
  • All log files;
  • does Diagnose says the application is installed correctly? (“Diagnose report.txt” in %TEMP% folder)
  • User Account Control On/Off ?
  • Any other Additional Information;

Mounting.

Mounting a full disk backup, which includes Track 0 and MBR, mounts from within Windows Explorer perfectly now.

When unmounting the same backup from within Windows Explorer unfortunately does not unmount. See screen shots. mount, unmount 1 & 2.

Ticking Mount every time windows starts, does not appear to work. There is no new drives shown in Windows Explorer. Should there be?

When trying to unmpunt siad image after restart, this causes CBU to crash.

Macros.

When setting Rev No Max macro, I am still unable to set the Max No, but still can set it with the Rev No macro. See screen shots macro 1 & 2.

Run Tasks.

Running tasks before and after now run as expected.

c.

Windows 7 Home Premium
UAC off
CIS Macrium Reflect free

[attachment deleted by admin]

Issue:
Backuping Outlook 2007 with the CBU 4 Free beta results in a 2KB CBU file that should be around 240MB in size.

• Your Operating System (and whether it’s 32bit/64bit); Win 7 Premium

• Other Backup & Security Software Installed; CIS (latest) COS, CPM

• How you produced the problem; Setup an Outlook 2007 backup job

• How you tried to resolve the problem; Retried different options

• Screen-shots with the error (if any);

• Post Memory Dumps on crash if you encounter any;

• file system (FAT32/NTFS/…) NTFS

• All log files;

• does Diagnose says the application is installed correctly? (“Diagnose report.txt” in %TEMP% folder) : attached

• User Account Control On/Off ? on

• Any other Additional Information;

Strangely, “CB diagnostics report.txt” reports some functionality will not be checked because I’m running under a limited account, but the app was installed and was/is running under an admin account. ???

Cheers,
Ewen :slight_smile:

[attachment deleted by admin]

Was Outlook open during the backup? If so try backing up when it is closed. Some of the files may be open by it.

Thanks.

Open or closed - the result was the same. Same after a reboot.

Forgot to add - Outlook 2007 is installed in the default path and the email db is under my profile.

I’ve just had a go at free Beta 4 version of Comodo Backup in the way that I would like to use it. It has failed a number of times and I cannot find any reference to the error codes that I have encountered. With the introduction of the Pro version I wonder whether or not my experiences are now relevant but notwithstanding this, I’ll outline the problems I have encountered here in case they are of any value. If there is any interest, I’ll happily repeat the processes and provide another post giving more detail, however, this is the summary of my experiences so far.
My intention was to do a backup of the My Documents folder to a DVD. Previously, with version 3, I have had to split this into 3 separate backups as the size of the My Documents folder exceeds the capacity of a DVD. Had the Beta 4 version worked, I would have liked to create a full backup and then do periodic differential backups.
I initially tried to do a simple format backup, both with a full and with an initial differential (I believe that this should have given the same result anyway) backup. I did try to save the script but that was rejected, as this function appears to be reserved to the Pro version. The job wouldn’t start and failed with an error message of 184 if I set the parameter to erase the disc and error code 9 if I didn’t set that parameter. From what I subsequently read, it would appear that the simple format is reserved for the Pro version, although I cannot think why this should be.
I therefore tried the backup again using the CBU format. This appeared to work and continued through My Documents until it got to the maximum capacity of a DVD. At That point it failed with an error code of 163. I assume that this meant that the backup is greater than the capacity of the DVD although I had previously been told that, if this situation occurred, the program would call for a continuation disc. I have looked through the published documentation but I cannot find any reference to any of the error codes that I have encountered. As I said, if it is thought that there could be any value in it, I would happily repeat all of these processes and give more detail. My operating system is XP SP3.