Comodo BackUp 3.0 error code: 100065

Please help with this error, what does it mean?

hey and warm welcome to comodo forums!

could you provide us screenshoot with that error?

Regards,
Valentin N

I can’t make screenshot cos it’s to late but I have .log from that backup. Last three lines:

15.02.2011 15:53:20 Error copying D:\Laboratorium,x pulpit\DOKUMENTACJE PRZETARGOWE\Rok 2011\Ciechanów\pozostałe\LCS Ciechanów 2C- skrzyżowania\Ciechanów 2C - DOKUMENTACJA\Wiadukt kolejowy 74,417 i droga objazdowa\PW\PW-TG-27.1a. km 73.031 Droga obj\LCS Ciechanów_PW_TT_73+031.pdf file. Skipping…
15.02.2011 15:53:21 Error Occurred
15.02.2011 15:53:21 Backup process failed with code 100065

Hundreds of files from this folder was copied in this backup even with longer names
No applications was open.

could you attach that log file so that a developer can take a look at it?

Know how it’s installed and which OS would be good to know.

Regards,
Valentin N

I can’t attach log file because there is list of company files but there is nothing special
There is start:

15.02.2011 15:42:48 Collecting Information…
15.02.2011 15:43:46 Starting Incremental Backup Process…
15.02.2011 15:43:46 Processing new/changed item D:\BOX!!!!\Cennik badań.pdf
15.02.2011 15:43:49 Processing new/changed item D:\BOX!!!!\foto samochodów\DSCN2360.JPG

tons of files and error in the end:

15.02.2011 15:53:17 Processing new/changed item D:\Laboratorium,x pulpit\DOKUMENTACJE PRZETARGOWE\Rok 2011\Ciechanów\pozostałe\LCS Ciechanów 2C- skrzyżowania\Ciechanów 2C - DOKUMENTACJA\viewattach.pdf
15.02.2011 15:53:19 Processing new/changed item D:\Laboratorium,x pulpit\DOKUMENTACJE PRZETARGOWE\Rok 2011\Ciechanów\pozostałe\LCS Ciechanów 2C- skrzyżowania\Ciechanów 2C - DOKUMENTACJA\Wiadukt kolejowy 74,417 i droga objazdowa\PW\PW-TG-27.1a. km 73.031 Droga obj\LCS Ciechanów_PW_TT_73+031.pdf
15.02.2011 15:53:20 Error copying D:\Laboratorium,x pulpit\DOKUMENTACJE PRZETARGOWE\Rok 2011\Ciechanów\pozostałe\LCS Ciechanów 2C- skrzyżowania\Ciechanów 2C - DOKUMENTACJA\Wiadukt kolejowy 74,417 i droga objazdowa\PW\PW-TG-27.1a. km 73.031 Droga obj\LCS Ciechanów_PW_TT_73+031.pdf file. Skipping…
15.02.2011 15:53:21 Error Occurred
15.02.2011 15:53:21 Backup process failed with code 100065

System: win XP 32-bit

how many symbols a file path can have??

I don’t think there are any limits

ok, so, any ideas? I have to make this backup tonight… :frowning:
Please help :frowning:

how is CB installed? it need to be installed as admin in order to work as it should.

Regards,
Valentin N

There aren’t limits in file naming in CB.
Error 100065 means a network access is denied.
You can try to copy the file to the destination in explorer and see if you get any errors.

Thanks

good to know :slight_smile: The reason why I asked for a screenshot of the error is because that would provide more info and also tell where the error is from, if it’s an error as a bug or an error that want to tell the user the he is the cause of it.

Before we begin with the fun stuff go CB → Backup → New Backup

Step 1: What to back up

first you have to choose if you want Full, Differential or Incremental (The definition is under the chosen backuo method.). After that you choose Make a new one unless you already have Backup (this is only valid for differential/incremental). Before you choose Backup Format, you have to select what should be backup-ed, do want Disk, Partitions and MBR or do you only want Registry Files and which disks.

Step 2: Backup Destination

Here you have to choose the place where the back up should be at. If you want it to be on " my computer" or email (you get the point ;))

Step 3: Archive Settings

Here you have to see how you want it; you have the possibility to slip your backup so that it fits you best, you can protect it with a password, can add macros and so on… In that matter I can’t really guide you

(I will update this post)

Regards,
Valentin N

Thank You all for any answers, it was problem with too long file path The path must has under about 240 symbols. About 256 symbols in one path is a windows limit.
Thanks anyway :slight_smile:

I am glad to hear that :slight_smile: should I continue with my guide for you?

Regards,
Valentin N

No thank You, that computer was backuped successfully (in 6 trial). I know now that before backup i have to find every long file pathes. I do it with PathTooLongTool it’s trial but always it can just find too long pathes. BUT two others computers obviously must have an error >:( . One has an error code 55 = “access denied” and I don’t understand cos when access denied comodo should do shadow copy. If I will change it to “skip file” it will be ok?? And second coputer has an error code 67 = “specified file was not found” and this I completely don’t understand.

Please help

sorry for my english

Martin

To the error code 55 try to disable UAC and see if that helps and you can also try t press skip. error code 67 means that the file is not found so you will need to skip that.

if you have the possibilty try to make the path small; it’s also better for you.

Regards,
Valentin N

Hello,

Error code 55 refers to the fact that you don’t have sufficient rights for the operation - please make sure that the adequate permissions are set for the backup source/destination.
Error code 67 refers to the fact that a specified file was not found. Are you trying to create an incremental/differential backup? If Yes, please make sure that they are correctly set. If you are trying to create an incremental backup based on another .cbu file (full or incremental) and it is missing, then error 67 occurs.

Thank you for your support!

Ok. Thank You all for answers.

1. Valentin N: What is UAC and when I have to press “t”
  2. Ilona Manole: code 55: So if I set option “When encountering locked files” to “Skip files” it will help?
  3. Ilona Manole: code 67: I don’t understand this because I trying to create an incremental backup, Files and directories, Simple copy for first time in empty destinadion folder so when Comodo is copying new files to empty folder what it can’t find? ???

UAC is windows own little “self-defense” and pups up when a application is about to install.

have you tried to make a backup on your computer?

Regards,
Valentin N

Hello,

Setting right permissions doesn’t refer to locked files - this option should be used when the backup source contains files that are used by other programs. Please check this link from Microsoft for more details on setting permissions for files and folders Set, View, Change, or Remove Permissions on Files and Folders | Microsoft Learn

Regarding error 67, which is your backup destination path? It is a network location or an external drive? We are aware of the existing problems on backing up on Network as incremental simple copy. This will be fixed for the next release of Comodo BackUp. Until then, we would like to propose you a workaround: in Windows Explorer - My Computer, map the network location as a local drive (choose “Map network drive” from the Tools menu). After the location is mapped and a letter has been assigned, in Backup - “Step 2: Backup Destination”, you can select the mapped network drive from “My Computer”, instead of choosing the Network and then the computer.

Thank you for your support!

There is only one user - admin on this computer with Full Control.
I have usb mass storage drive connected to switch through Turbo NAS Dongle, computer has mapped network folder and I selecting in comodo this mapped drive through “My Computer”. I always do this in the same way.