COMODO BackUp 2.1.118414.11 released!

Hello,

COMODO Backup 2.1.118414.11 is available for download.
This is an update for 2.1 version.

What’s fixed?

• BSODs that occurred in some cases at boot time or while Windows was running
  • issue with calculating progress and time remaining

Known Issues:

• synchronized backups might fail to run on some Windows 7 computers

Bug Reports:

Please use https://forums.comodo.com/comodo_backup_cb/comodo_backup_2111841411_bug_reports-t47228.0.html to report your bugs. Our moderators collect these bugs and submit them to the devs.

Download Locations:

Setup for Windows Vista 32-bit and 64-bit, Windows 2003 Server 32-bit and 64-bit, Windows XP 32-bit and 64-bit, Windows 7 32-bit and 64-bit, Windows 2008 Server 32-bit and 64-bit
URL: http://download.comodo.com/cbu/download/setups/CB_2.1.118414.11_Setup_xp_vista_server2003_server2008_win7.exe
Size : 6.39 MB (6,702,728 bytes)
MD5 : 8150339a1b69a45033f6148af2af9eaf
SHA1 : 75368f4de21c7b7675aa68c598e30755942df4ab

Just installed the new version and the problem I was experiencing not being able to do a drive backup of my C:/ drive doesn’t seem to be an issue now. Started the backup and didn’t get the error code 4 so far. Thanks!

:slight_smile:

We’re glad to hear that. Your feedback was really useful.

Hm, that’s why my windows had so many BSODs lately. >:(

Thanks for the update. ;D

I’m still not able to edit my backup jobs. When will this feature be available? Thanks.

Hi

The next release will have this option

Are you using prosync1.sys by any chance for the sync job? Having fatal bsod (0x0000007E), couldn’t log in, yet.

any word on a recue disk?

Hello,

I have a Dell Inspiron 1150 laptop with an Intel 82852GM(E)/82855GM(E) GMCH - Integrated Graphics Controller [A-2]
running Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition. I downloaded the latest driver for my Graphics Card. I had a stoperror while running Comodo Backup. Is there a solution for this problem? Thanks! Jan

Hi

Can you descibe more accurate the “stoperror”…
Did CBU.exe stopped responding? Or is it scrambled? Please post a screenshot
Thanks

The link is dead at this time

Hi,

The Stoperror shuts down Windows to prevent damage to the computer.
Windows simply stops running and all you can do is a reboot.
I have installed a fresh Windows XP and am now using Windows NT Backup wich comes with XP.
On the Windows Vista Computer Comodo Backup runs normally, I have made a system backup and a registry backup, no problem.
Maybe Comodo isn’t for my old computer with XP, I have only 64 Mb memory on the Graphics Card.
Thanks anyway,

Greetz, jan

Hi jan,

Can you tell me what error message (e.g. IRQ_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL) you got and with what error number (the first part, e.g. 0x00000001)?
64MB VRAM should be enough.

Thanks,

Ark

Hi jan

Did this occurred in 2.1.118414.11 or in 2.1.117500.10?

Thanks

Hi,

It’s been a while since the lastest version had released, but why does the old version standstill on the main web site? It made me download, install, and the worste thing: reboot my server, twice to have the lastest version installed.

By the way, the Service Backup seems not to work at all. I’ve checked the services list (services.msc) and can’t find any service related to CB. I’ve checked the self-initializing of CB and it reported that everything was fine. I know this is not the bug reports thread, and I’m on my way to it, but just wanna leave a comment here to make sure that you know about it.

CB version: 2.1.117500.10
I’m using CB to backup 1 file from a remote server through a FTP service on my local server.

Tonight I’ll try the latest version, but by reading the “What’s fixed?”, I’m afraid that I have no chance :frowning:

PS: I’ve figured out that the CBU scheduled tasks did not have the required password (the “Run only if logged on” radio button was checked). It seems like CB could not link well to the Windows Scheduled Tasks.
If I modify a preconfigured Backup job, the TaskID will change, and I will have to turn back to Windows Scheduled Tasks once again, to uncheck to radio button and then type in the required password. It is really a backstep comparing with CB1.x.

Hope that it will work.

If i capture Windows image with CB: %programfiles%, %windir% etc.

When i would need to restore system’s image can i do this with the help of CB right on running system ? (where CB is installed)

If so, what copy mode is used during restore operation:

• contents from CBU backup file replace files on current system and DELETE files which are not present in CBU file;

• contents from CBU backup file replace files on current system and LEAVE files on current system which are not present in CBU file;

?

thanx

Hi

When you restore a system partition/system state backup you will be prompted to restart your computer.

Thanks, Emanuel. That is clear now.

…One more question.
For example i backed up following objects on Windows XP (customized system state backup):

• Windows directory;
  • Program Files folder;
  • all critical files in the root folder (boot.ini etc)
  • Documents and Settings folder EXCEPT “My documents” folder (which contains all my data).

If i would restore this backup what will happen to “My Documents” folder:

• either it will be blanked (as backup does not contain it)
  • or it will not be touched by restoration process

??

Hi

The “My Documents” folder will remain as it is.

Thank you for Your time answering my questions :-TU