COMODO BackUp 2.0.99405.5 RC2 released!

Hello,

COMODO Backup 2.0.99405.5 RC2 has been released! One more step to public release :).

What’s new?

• re-sizable GUI;
  • windows 2000 not supported anymore;
  • windows 7 compatibility (experimental);
  • help file included(in case you were wondering why the setup size increased…);

What’s fixed?

• restoring a split backup for files & directories that is saved in the same location as the files & directories to be restored can leave the restore destination in an inconsistent state. (Ex: If you backup folder “C:\Users” to “C:\Users\MyUser\Desktop\backup.cbu”, with split enabled, then you try to restore it with clean restore an error will occur);
  • fixed error code 4 in file & directories backup which occurred rarely in files & directories;
  • fixed issue with mail accounts which rarely failed with error code 92;
  • fixed issue with ‘system’ (last option) backup/restore on some XP4 machines;
  • fixed shell extension problem for x64 operating systems;
  • fixed some translation issues;
  • other small GUI issues.

Known Issues:

• none that we know of;

Bug Reports:

Please use https://forums.comodo.com/comodo_backup/comodo_backup_20994055_rc2_bug_reports-t41298.0.html to report your bugs. Our moderators collect these bugs and submit them to the devs.

BETA NOTICE: This product is intended for special users (BETA Testers) who would like to join the testing process. It may contain major bugs that could cause serious problems and not be suitable for your everyday use yet. Please do not use it in your production machines.

Download Locations:

Setup for Windows Vista 32-bit and 64-bit, Windows 2003 Server 32-bit and 64-bit, Windows XP 32-bit and 64-bit, Windows 7 32-bit and 64-bit (experimental)

URL: http://download.comodo.com/cbu/download/setups/CB_2.0.99405.5_Setup_xp_vista_server2003_win7_RC2.exe
Size: 5.48 MB (5,749,064 bytes)
MD5::6a77a7a276e51c940ebdf3b5e599840a
SHA1: 6b3fa97f0fb649099e4770a7e3258029955553be

Does this mean there won’t be a sync mode in v2 at all?

Just installed it for the 1st time after I found out yesterday there was a new version. Last visit was 2 months ago.

GUI looks good… all options look like any other backup software. Was looking for the same sync mode as v1 but with a delete that propagate. Maybe a little update to v1 would be welcome? You could well live with 2 different versions.

I guess we may not ask too much when it’s FREE.

Thanks for reading.

Good work guys!

Thanks :-TU. As usual, will install later when home from work.

Is the bootable CD option planned for the next stable release?

:slight_smile:

Awesome job BU team, Andrei, Emanuel, Vraciua and Tudor :-TU

Did two tests so far and it has worked flawlessly. Will test some more and keep in touch.

Thanks for patiently working on the problem I had with RC1 and previous Betas. The results are worth it.

John :BNC

Can we expect an answer on this please? I know you are actively reading… why you keep ignoring question about sync mode is mystery.

Thank you very much.

Hi,

The sync mode is still being tested in our Quality Assurance department at the moment. We will make our best so that the next versions will include this option.

Thank you for your support

Great job Backup team!

When will the official bootable rescue CD be available? PC’s seriously infected by Malware now days can’t even be restored while the computer is running, hence bootable CD’s whether it would be backup or an antimalware disk is the only option to disinfect, but for backup, reverse the damage which is far more efficient.

Cheers,
Josh

Well done guys! You are bringing the cure aspect of security to the people, for free. You should be proud!

Hi Josh

The rescue boot CD will be available in 2.1 version.
There is a lot of work to be done until then.

Thanks Emanuel. No worries. :slight_smile: Keep up the good work!

Cheers,
Josh

THANK YOU VERY MUCH FOR ANSWERING! :-TU

Now I will let you concentrate on your work and I will take a break now that I have an answer. I will even go drink to that! The fact the answer is positive. ;D

Hello,

Emanuel, this is one happy user. We have to make sure he stays like this :). Just kidding… but the fact is that we’ll have all this in next version. We might be forced to get back to BETA state because of it… but if you wish for it we cannot ignore it.

Are you able to give a “rough” date when 2.1 may become available? I am so looking forward to this feature (as are others ;D ).

:slight_smile:

Being an end user I can’t think of any better software developer strategy. ;D

Thanks a lot. :a0

:BNC synchronize is coming! synchronize is coming! ;D

Thank You!

This topic has been locked