COMODO BackUp 2.0.99405.5 RC2 BUG REPORTS

Yup, I used the “Network” option, and I confirmed that if I open Windows Explorer and enter the same UNC path, Windows is able to access the SkyDrive location.

My guess is that the Gladinet software isn’t mounting SkyDrive as a typical network location. Any chance the software could show network drives in the “My Computer” option the way the current released version does?

This could be the answer.
I’m not sure the ‘old style’ view would help, because the error does not occur when you select the destination path, but when you perform the backup.
Can you try another computer on “Network” to see if the problem persists?

Thank you.

Yes, I tried another network location and it worked fine.

It’s a shame - the old version could handle writing to the virtual drive no problem. I guess I’ll need to figure out a way to “pre-split” my files and just continue using the old version.

When I try to backup to a destination via FTP, I can’t seem to find how to configure it to use an alternate port (besides the default 21). I’ve tried setting the Server field to ipaddress:portnumber but that doesn’t seem to work either. Am I missing something or is this port configuration just not allowed in version 2 yet? Thanks!

I’m trying to backup my Outlook .pst files, but thy aren’t in the default folder of OL installation.
Comodo Backup doesn’t permit to customize the path of pst files.

what does error code 5 mean i get this when backing up my system using network option?

Yes, you cannot configure it to use another port in RC2 version, but we will take that into consideration for the next release.

Hello.

Have you tried to backup until the final step? Was there any error when CBU tried to backup the files?
Anyway, CBU tries to find out the location of your .pst files even if they aren’t in the default location.A problem with some registry entries with this version of CBU might generate a false “no content to backup” error but you can try it anyway. Please specify what version of Outlook you are using.

Thank you for the feedback.

Hi

Please try to backup your system to another partition (than the system one) to see if the problem persist.
Error code 5 means that something was not found (probably a file).
Please post the content of the log file, after you enable logging in Settings tab.

Thank you.

Hello,
no errors, simply CB backup my pst in the default location, that are empty. I have not deleted these files from my pc.
I have my working pst in C:\myfolder\Outlook
CB backups C:\documents & Settings.…\Outlook\ there are not working files.

thank you

Hello.

The default location path is probably still retained in the registry.Are you using Outlook 2007?.
Thank you for the feedback.

Yes, I’m using OL2007

Hello.

Thank you for the feedback. Please post any problems for our next release.

i created a full backup now im trying to create an incremental backup,when i open up comodo backup i select disc,partitions,mbr and next it comes to select full or incremental but i cant click on incremental?am i doing somethin wrong?

Hi

Incremental backups are not available in this version.

Thank you.