COMODO BackUp 2.0.98047.4 RC1 BUG REPORTS

Please post all bug reports & BSOD’s here.

Be sure to include:

• Your Operating System (and whether it’s 32bit/64bit);
  • Other Backup & Security Software Installed;
  • How you produced the problem;
  • How you tried to resolve the problem;
  • Screen-shots with the error (if any);
  • Post Memory Dumps on crash if you encounter any;
  • All log files;
  • Any other Additional Information;

I am very disappointed that nothing has changed for me. I get exactly the same error that I got the last two versions. I am unable to use this program the way it is.

• Your Operating System (and whether it’s 32bit/64bit); XP Home 32 Bit
  • Other Backup & Security Software Installed; Backup 1.0.4.337
  • How you produced the problem; Tested Restore after Backup
  • How you tried to resolve the problem;
  • Screen-shots with the error (if any); Included
  • Post Memory Dumps on crash if you encounter any; None
  • All log files; Included
  • Any other Additional Information;
  1. Select Backup Source - Files and Directories - D:\Dell Windows XP CD\Support*.* - Next
  2. Backup Type - Full - Compression Level - Medium - No Password - Next
  3. Backup Destination - E:\CBU2 Test\Support - Next
  4. No Scheduled Backup - Next
  5. The packup has been completed successfully - Finish

Delete \Support\ folder and all subfolders.

1. Restore from My Computer E:\CBU2 Test\Support - Next
  2. Restore Method - Clean Restore - Verify Image - Successfully - Next
  3. What do you want to restore? - D:\Dell:\Windows XP CD\Support - Restore to default location - Next
  4. An error occurred while trying to restore.

John

[attachment deleted by admin]

Hi

We are aware of the issue; it does not reproduce on most computers. It will be fixed in the next release.

Thank you

Bit of a problem with CBU backing up my User settings. i think i have attached everything you need, if not please let me know.

Vista Home Premium 32 bit
Comodo Internet Security
Acronis True Image Home 2009
Selected Backup User Settings, Selected backup path and named file, Set schedule, closed CBU and waited for schedule backup to run.
Screen shot of Windows problem message
Comodo log
i have four Windows logs, AppCompat, memory, minidump and Versuion should you need them.

Hi

Is this issue reproducible?
Could you create a dump file? (Task Manager => Processes => CBU.exe => Right Click => Create Dump File)
Dump files are useful…

Thank you

I’ll see what i can do, though it has just finished an “user settings” backup with any hint of a problem. Yesterday all three attempts failed. Oh well!

Same problem now occurs with an “mail accounts backup”. This has now happened twice today. I was unable to create a dump file, all I got was an windows message stating “the operation could not be completed. Access is denied”.

Hi

What file system you have NTFS or FAT(32) ?
Please try ‘Entire Registry’ and ‘Messenger’ backup/restore to see if the problem persists.

Thank you.

What file system you have NTFS or FAT(32) ?
my file system is NTFS

The registry backed up OK and I do not have messenger installed.

clemo

Vista 32 SP1 (C:)
All drives NTFS
Comodo CIS

Attempted to backup User settings, Full backup, Medium compression, No password, No schedule.
Backup to My Computer, hard drive G:\Comodo Backup\User.cbu causes CBU to generate error code 67. No output file is created.

See attached message and CBU log.txt. No event log was produced. Access denied trying to create dump.

Files backup and partition image backup of XP (E:) appear to work fine, and both could be restored successfully.

Vista 32 SP1 (C:)
All drives NTFS
Comodo CIS

Attempted to backup Mail settings, MSO 2007, Full backup, Medium compression, No password, No schedule.

Backup to My Computer, hard drive G:\Comodo Backup\Mail.cbu causes CBU to crash and be closed by Windows. No output file is created.

See attached CBU log.txt and Application event log. Access denied trying to create dump.

Edit: Might this be related to my having moved the outlook.pst file from its default location to “D:\Documents\Outlook data files\Outlook.pst” ? There is no .pst file in C:\Users.…\AppData…

Hi

Can you tell us all the software products currently installed in your system? Thank you for your support.

Hi

Can you tell us all the software products currently installed in your system? Thank you for your support.

I have attached a screen shot showing my installed programs.

Hi.

The location of the “outlook.pst” file wouldn’t matter because the location is retrieved from the registry wherever it may be.Anyway we managed to trace a possible problem that could cause the behavior that you described and it will be fixed in the next release.

Thank You for your feedback.

Glad you found the MSO2007 issue. I have attached a screenshot of my installed applications.

I don’t know if it is helpful or not, but if i run an “email” backup first i get the “windows must close down CBU” message. But, if i run another backup or even backup my email accounts etc., through the “files and directories” options first, then my email backup runs fine.

This has proved to be consistent over the last few days.

clemo

Hi.

First,you tested just MS Outlook 2007 email backup ,no?
You’re saying that if you run a “files and directories” type backup first , and afterwords an “email accounts”(outlook 2007?) type backup it runs ok?
Again,like a said, a problem was found and solved with outlook 2007 backup that could have crashed the program and you’re free to test it again on the next release.

I think you maybe getting me mixed up with pipistrello.

My problem is with Thunderbird, and yes the mail accounts backup runs fine after another selected backup, e.g: files and directories or registry.

Does that make sense?

clemo

Hi.

I did confuse you with pipisrellto,sorry about that.We will investigate the scenario you presented.