Comodo AV stalls during scanning [284]

I have updated both the laptop and PC to v5.3. I let CIS update and it kept my existing configuration from v5.0.

I performed a Manual Scan of the Windows folders on both computers with Cloud Scanning turned on. Both scans completed without a problem.

I next turned on “Submit unknown files for analysis” and “Enable rootkit scanning” and performed a full system manual scan on the laptop (nearly 900,000 files - two partitions). Again no problem.

It would appear the bug has been sorted in this present version.

Thanks.

I started noticing for the past month that the scheduled scans are not completing. Manual scans are not completing either. They always stop at 95%. CPU continues to run at 25% cmdagent whether paused or not. Cannot stop the scan, have to reboot computer to stop it.

Tried uninstalling and installing the latest download. Same issue.

Thanks for the link to Process Explorer. I was able to see the file it was hung on. I just right clicked and killed the handle and comodo finished. The file is D:\Users\2500K\Music\iTunes\iTunes Media\Mobile Applications\Cut the rope 1.3.ipa. I tested by doing a context scan and it did lock up. These .ipa seem to be archives. I would attach the file but I don’t know how.