- What you did: Launched the on-demand scanner by right-clicking a folder\partition.
- What actually happened or you actually saw: Antivirus on-demand scan process cavscan.exe eats about 90% of my CPU
- What you expected to happen or see: Normal behaviour
- How you tried to fix it & what happened: -
- If its an application compatibility problem have you tried the application fixes here?:
- Details & exact version of any application (execpt CIS) involved with download link:
- Whether you can make the problem happen again, and if so exact steps to make it happen:
- Any other information (eg your guess regarding the cause, with reasons): I have the heuristics level set to High.
- CIS version, AV database version & configuration used: Comodo Internet Security 5.8.211697.2124 with Comodo Internet Security configuration
- a) Have you updated (without uninstall) from CIS 3 or 4: No
b) if so, have you tried a clean reinstall (without losing settings - if not please do)?:
- a) Have you imported a config from a previous version of CIS: No
b) if so, have U tried a standard config (without losing settings - if not please do)?:
- Have you made any other major changes to the default config? (eg ticked ‘block all unknown requests’, other egs here.): -
- Defense+, Sandbox, Firewall & AV security levels: D+= Safe mode , Sandbox= Active, Firewall = Safe mode, AV = Stateful
- OS version, service pack, number of bits, UAC setting, & account type: Windows 7 Home Premium SP1 (x86), Administrator account, UAC - Never notify
- Other security and utility software installed: none
- Other security software previously installed at any time since Windows was last installed: BitDefender Internet Security 2012, Avira Internet Security 2012.
- Virtual machine used (Please do NOT use Virtual box):
I’ve attached a pictures.
[attachment deleted by admin]