Comodo asks repeatedly about Thunderbird and FireFox even tho their the same

hondoe, if all other details are EXACTLY the same (and I stress that, that there is not the tiniest bit of mismatch…), I would suggest that you uninstall and reinstall.

When you uninstall and reboot, prior to installing, be sure to disable/turn off all active security applications - antivirus, antispyware, HIPS, etc; anything that monitors and interacts with changes to your system. They may interfere with the proper installation of CFP, as it installs into the core of the OS for improved performance and security.

There is a script to backup your settings, but you’d be backing up all 4200 application rules as well, which is not what you probably want… Plus if there’s some other setting that is somehow causing this, you don’t want to keep that, either…

LM

PS: Just a quick question to make sure… what version of the firewall do you have?

Yes, all other details are exactly the same.

But no, I’m not going to start over because Comodo performs excellently otherwise and the original installation went perfectly, so uninstalling it and then reinstalling it seems to me both highly unlikely to correct anything and additionally would give me the major headache of having to get the program to learn all of the software all over again!

I’m using version 2.4. 18. 184

But there was a user who had similar problems and if I correctly recall, a reinstallation helped.

Maybe you should save that procedure for V3 hint hint

I will wait for version three as suggested. Thanks everyone.

No problem, hondoe. I understand not wanting to do it all over…

I’ve only seen one or two instances of this, and as I recall also, a reinstall fixed it. Don’t know what caused it; perhaps just some little burp in the install. However, if you’re happy with it as it is for now (or your comfort level overrides a desire to reinstall… :wink: ) then that is fine by me! ;D

LM