Comodo Application Agent stops running randomly

And I’ve reinstalled it at least once already, much to my annoyance due to the fact that the “required” first time scan makes my machine unusable for several days as it runs, …

Clicking on the red X tends to restart the agent.

Still no answer for this question?

Hi cDreamDancer,

Thank you for reporting, kindly check your Inbox for private message and provide the requested logs for further investigation.

I’ve now made two replies to the private message but this board does not have a SENT folder so I have no idea if the message was sent.

P.S. Do you know how terribly hard it is to find the forums link from the home page?

It should say if it was successful at the top of the page after you have sent it.

Also you need to change your message settings to save a copy in Outbox.

Dennis

Hi cDreamDancer,

Thanks for providing the requested logs. We have submitted the logs to developer for further investigation.

Hi cDreamDancer,

Our developers checked it, but the provided logs doesn’t contain dump, could you please follow the instruction given in PM.

Hi, I have too the same issue on Windows 10 version 1903 (18362.418) probably since the last Windows update. Today, since computer start at 8:48 GMT, Windows application log reported 96 Application Errors for cmdagent.exe. Comodo Firewall show me one time a wizard checking and nothing was found.

Hi Jean-Michel,

Thanks for reporting.
Kindly check your PM and follow the steps mentioned in that and also provide us the required details.

Thanks,
PD

Hi Jean-Michel,

Thanks for your co-operation.
let me forward this logs to developers for future investigations.

Thanks,
PD

Hi Jean-Michel,

Thanks for your patience.
We saw your submitted logs,it does not contain any dumps.could you please check your PM and perform the action mentioned in it.

Thanks in advance!

Regards,
PD