Comodo Application Agent not running!

Hi,

I have recently had a problem with my Comodo Internet Security program. It keeps saying that the Comodo Application is not running. Please run the diagnostics utility to fis the problem. I try to do this but an error pops up “cfpconfig.exe - Application Error, The application failed to initialize properly (0xc0000005). Click on OK to terminate the application.”

I saw another post relating to this problem but I cannot uninstall Comodo because the same error pop up shows up again. I dont know what to do. Help is needed.

My computer is running Windows XP Home 32-bit version with SP2, 2002 Ver.

When uninstalling fails you can try this clean up tool: https://forums.comodo.com/install_setup_configuration_help/cleanup_tool_for_comodo_internet_security-t36499.0.html;msg259617#msg259617 .

When needed run the tool in Windows Safe Mode. Does that help?

Yes this did indeed work but I thought removing it and reinstalling it would fix this problem.
I reinstalled it and I still get the same problem, same error message.
I cant scan my computer for viruses or anything.
Is there anything else that I can do?

Do you have other security and network related programs running in the background? Try disabling them and see if that helps.

When that doesn’t help try the following. We are gonna take a look to see if there are some old drivers of your previously uninstalled security programs are still around. Go to Device Manager → View → show hidden devices → now look under Non Plug and Play drivers → when you see a driver that belongs to your previous security programs click right → uninstall —> reboot your computer.

When the problem persists make sure there are no auto starts from your previous security programs. Download Autoruns and run it.

This program finds about all auto starts in Windows. This tool can therefore seriously damage Windows when not handled properly. After starting go to Options and choose to hide Windows and Microsoft entries, to include empty locations and then push F5 to refresh.

Now check all entries to see if there are references to your previous security program. When you find them untick them. After unticking reboot your computer and see what happens.

The only other program I have running in the background is a program called Advanced SystemCare, my instant messaengers (Yahoo, AIM and Live) and Windows Firewall. I have disabled them and I still have the same problem.

I have also checked the drivers and their was an error with one of them so I uninstalled it, rebooted and still same problem. I also checked the auto starts but there are no traces of my previous security program (Norton). Only Comodo is found.

Are you using CIS as firewall? Then disable Windows Firewall. Also try temporary disabling Advanced System Care to see if that helps.

Also try the following:
Go to Control Panel → Administrative Tools → Services and scroll down to Comodo Internet Security Helper Service. Right click on this service and go down to the Properties and left-click it. This will bring up a window with 4 tabs. Go to the Log On tab and search for your login account. The procedure that you have to follow to successfully change from Local System Account to This Account is not necessarily self-intuitive, if you have never done it before.

You may know exactly what you are doing, but I found that this process was not exactly straight-forward when I did it. I don’t mean to waste your time, but the step-by-step procedure is listed below.

After hitting the ‘Browse’ button, a ‘Select User’ box opens up. In the window under ‘Enter the object name to select (examples)’, enter your login name exactly as it appears on the login screen at bootup. Then click the ‘Check Names’ button. Now “computer name\login name” should appear in that same window. Click the ‘OK’ button near the bottom. That should bring you back to the Log On tab, with the radio button to the left of ‘This Account’ filled in, and in the window to the right of that should be “.\your login name”. Click ‘Apply’ and a popup opens to alert you to enter your password if you use a password for your Windows logon. Then you have to enter your login password again to confirm. After doing all this, you have to reboot the computer for the account change to take effect. Now CIS version .432 or .437 should allow you to manually update the virus definitions.

Hi,
Thanks for the reply. I have disabled and uninstalled Advanced System Care and I did the procedure but the application agent will still not load so the red “no” sign remins a top the shield.

I dont know if this might help but when the computer has just booted and I open Comodo right away in the summary box this message remains for a while then usual Application agent warning pops up.

Message reads
Comodo Internet Security is being Initialized.
Please wait while the operation is in progress.

Any other suggesstions? Help?

Hello
I have the same problem on a cleanly installed Windows 7 machine with Comodo firewall (windows essential security is doing de virusscanning). CPF.EXE doesn’t start (which proves to be the comodo agent)!!! I guess there must be more problems on Windows 7. Windows firewall is deactivated on my computer.

Any help for this?
Yours
Filip

Please don’t cross post.

For information: cfp.exe is not the executable of Comodo Agent. The executable belonging to Comodo Agent is cmdagent.exe and runs as a service.