COMODO Application Agent is not running

After removing Comodo Internet Security and installing Comodo Firewall, I seem to have run into a problem, although the firewall itself seems to be working properly.

Comodo Firewall is reporting “COMODO Application Agent is not running”

What is this and how do I fix it?

On running diagnostics it reports that some of the problems could not be fixed and then offers to save a .xml diagnostic report file

May be left overs of previously installed security programs are in the way. Please make sure none of them are no longer present.

Try using removal tools for those programs to remove them. Here is a list of removal tools for common av programs: ESET Knowledgebase .

Comodo Internet Security worked perfectly fine alongside Malwarebytes, which i still have installed.

CIS was the only security program i uninstalled before installing Comodo Firewall.

On the link you gave, this page How to uninstall Comodo AntiVirus (CAV) - Powered by Kayako Help Desk Software only shows how to uninstall CIS which i already did.

Surely that can’t be the problem? ???

Cmdagent.exe is used both by CIS and CFP that’s why it is active with both installations.

So what’s the process from here?

Will a clean reinstall work?

Maybe worth trying exiting CIS Gui using the tray icon then restarting it using all programs.

There’s a problem on some systems using 5.5-5.8 that can leave cfp unable to see cmdagent, though its actually running.

Usually happens after abnormal termination or update/install

Best wishes

Mike