Comodo AntiVirus keeps popping up even though I never installed it

Hi,

I’m using Comodo Firewall and Defense+ for about 9 months now. My anti virus solution is Avira AntiVir. I never had problems using the two till now. Since yesterday the not installed Comodo AntiVirus keeps popping up with some ‘Cloud Scan Alert’ (the alert is for a VNC server). I’ve no AntiVirus entry in my control center and when I start the Comodo setup via Programs and Features and then select Change the Firewall entry is checked and the AntiVirus entry isn’t.

The only lead I have is that I’ve updated my Avira AntiVir a few days ago but I couldn’t find anything related to this behavior.

What can I do to get rid of the AntiVirus part of Comodo?

Thanks in advance for any help!

Similar being discussed already, D+ is just giving warning via cloud.
https://forums.comodo.com/firewall-help-cis/cloud-scanner-t84409.0.html;msg602762#msg602762

Thanks for the link! But it doesn’t discuss how to disable this feature. Will the checkbox ‘Perform cloud based behavior analysis of unrecognized files’ or ‘Automatically scan unrecognized files in the cloud’ disable it?

I would uncheck any ‘cloud’ features within FW and D+ to prevent analysis.

the cloud features are under the defense + settings

[attachment deleted by admin]

Do I have to disable both and has this any other consequences besides stopping the virus detection popup?

has you have to disable both if you want to disable the cloud detections. This will also disable the cloud whitelist and CIMA detections.