COMODO Antivirus for Linux (CAVL) v1.1.268025.1 is released!

Who is installer version for other linux distributions?

What distribution is it that cannot install using .deb or .rpm?

Debian 7.0 (Wheezy) can not install CAV using the .deb file. It always gives an error about unfixable SSL dependency. See above posts for full details. I verified that this is still the case as of about an hour ago.

libssl0.9.8 can not be installed on Debian 7?

I have both libssl0.9.8 and libssl1.0.0 (but I don’t have CAVL) on Ubuntu 13.04, and I have not noticed any conflicts.

I have libssl1.0.0 installed. The error seems to indicate that versions above > 0.9.8 can be used, unless I am reading the error message incorrectly. Wouldn’t the current version of libssl have to be removed before the old version could be installed, or can the two versions exist concurrently? Either way, I don’t see why having the latest version installed should break the install process.

I read as it requires libssl0.9.8, and that the build must be ≥ 0.9.8m-1 (the latest is 0.9.8y: /source/index.html). So to install libssl0.9.8 is my recommendation, until a new version of CAVL is released. :wink:

Arch Linux

Howerver i try to install on Linux Mint 15 but it fails to install the file system driver.

I don’t expect Comodo to release tar.gz or tar.xz for Arch Linux.

Does this help?

I don’t expect Comodo to release tar.gz or tar.xz for Arch Linux.

there are a lot of distribution they don’t use deb or rpm like arch , slackware and others.

Yes, there is no lack of fragmentation in the Linux-world. :wink: But as Comodo states on the CAVL-site (Frequent
Questions), “the run-away popularity of easy-to-use distributions like Ubuntu has consolidated the fragmented Linux user base”.
It’s simply not worthwhile to develop for anything that does not use either deb or rpm.
Actually Avira recently announced that they will discontinue their antivirus for Linux altogether, due to too few installations: Discontinuation of Antivirus solutions for Linux systems on June 30th 2016.
So, that Comodo does not develop CAVL for every distribution and package management system available is not at all surprising.

:embarassed: i think would be better an installation file that works on every distribution…

Indeed, but software also has to be tested on all systems it officially supports, and tested again (and possibly updated) when a new version of a system is released. For example, Debian 6.0 is officially supported, but the latest version is 7.1, and Debian 7.x does not have libssl0.9.8, which is currently one of CAVL’s dependencies. So, in order to officially support Debian 7.x, CAVL will have to be updated and use libssl1.0.0.

I have always been under the impression that an antivirus is not required on a linux system.

It’s good to have on a server, to protect Windows-clients. :wink:

But on my system (Ubuntu) I see no need for antivirus. :a0

you can say whatever you want arch is also a major distribution that is fact.

Hi CAV for Linux is also working 100 % under Debian 7.1 I386 you must have sqlite and redir installed before installing CAV for Linux i have an fully running CAV under Debian 7.1.

Hello everyone, please I need help. I am new user from Ubuntu 13.10. I installed the COMODO, but I cannot run scan. Take a look the screen above.

How can I solve this issue?

Thanks.

[attachment deleted by admin]

My CAVL 1.1.268025.1 sticks running while scanning a certain OS file. I’ve tried several times and let it run half an hour while scanning the file. Seems it would never halt. I’m using Ubuntu 12.04 LTS and the problem file is

/usr/src/linux-headers-3.5.0-40-generic/include/config/auto.conf.cmd

The problem appeared some weeks ago, after the OS update concerning linux-headers-3.5.0-40.