3. New mass mailer alert option in e-mail scanner
  4. Inline e-mail scan signature

Some major improvments done are

1. On-access constant memory usage reduced from 52 Mb+ to 35Mb+
  2. Reduction in scanning time
  3. Improvment in report writing
  4. Resolved conflict with Poptray Mail Notifier application
  5. Improvement in email scanner speed

Also CAV is improving detection Consitantly on daily basis.

Excellent news, its looking good. Keep up the good work.
(L)
Mike

Hello!

What means inline email scan signature?

By the way, the email scanner still slow at the first time do you use it… It take a while to start to connect and another while to connect… After that it works wonderfully =-)

Thanks for your time,

Elminster

What means inline email scan signature?

A signature is now placed in the message body (it used to be an attachment) to say it was scanned by CAV.

Mike

Hello Mike!

Thanks for the reply!

I disable the signatures cause I hated the txt attachement… :-\

Now I will enabled again… ;D

Thanks for your time,

Elminster

G’day,

“Scan Now” button on the status screen? Not on my system there isn’t - see attached screen shot.

O/S is XP SP1 - could this be the cause?

Very, very nice job on the update though. Reduced memory usage, faster scan initialisation.

In the words of Homer “Don’t you get tired of always being right?” ;D

Ewen :slight_smile:

[attachment deleted by admin]

Your welcome :slight_smile:

Hi Ewen,

If you click on the full system scan line you should see the scan now button (see screenshot)

Mike

I would have thought that the whole idea of “Scan Now” was immediacy - after all the button isn’t labelled “Scan AFTER you’ve clicked on that other button first”. ROFLMFHO!

Surely there’s enough space on the Status screen to put the “Scan Now” there without requiring a prior user action. In reality, they haven’t reduced the number of clicks required to do a scan at all.

Before the “Scan Now” button, a user had to click on the Scan button and then click on the system scan button - 2 clicks.

Now, with the ultra handy “Scan Now” button, all a user has to do is click on the System Scan line on the status page and then click on the “Scan Now” button. Let me see … that’s reduced it all the way down to 2 clicks.

Great idea, but the way it is, it delivers no benefit and unless a user knows the functionality is hidden behind the system scan status line, they’d never see it or use it.

Why not just put it on the status screen and be done with it?

(WCF3)

Ewen,

That’s a fair point. I like the idea of the ‘scan now’ button, but maybe better positioned like you said would be a better idea.

Although, it’s only early days for the product so I guess we’ll see how it changes and improves.
(B)
Mike

Of course Mike. I wasn’t slinging it at them over it, just pointing something out to them, whilst keeping my tongue firmly planted in my cheek. :wink:

cheers
ewen :slight_smile:
(WCF3)

Hi all,
Thanks for your comments and all of you are sharing the credit to improve the product. I would like to just explain the idea behind putting the “Scan Now” button on status page.

1. all links on status page is having its description with a button(displayed on right pane after selection) to take the action. The idea is that user can take action to change the status of items from status page itself and no need to browse to other page.

2. If user has not scanned the full system so, the icon color is changed to yellow/Red to catach the user’s attention. And user can take the action from there itself by clicking on “Scan Now”. This scan now button will invoke full system scan.

Hey Kishork,

Now that you’ve explained it, I understand. But that’s the exact issue I was raising - it simply isn’t obvious to a new user that you have to do anything else to make the other options appear. A status page is presumably just that, the status of the current options, and not necessarily a screen that lets you change things. While its a valuable feature,I simply don’t see the need to hide it behind another click.

The attached screen shot shows a modified CAV status page that includes action buttons for those items that have an available action, and they’re shown under the heading “Action”. Doing it this way also eliminates the need to have an additional button (the updater button) in the title bar, where Mr. and Mrs. Average are used to just seeing a minimize and close button.

What do you think?

(WCF3)

Kishor

I do like what Ewen has done. Lets get the GUI guys to modify the design as per Ewen’s suggestion pls…
thanks
Melih

mike 6688
I understand that in your last post you said that " A signature is now placed in the message body (it used to be an attachment) to say it was scanned by CAV", I just downloaded the newest CAV and it still appears as an attachment and not in the email body. Is there something that has to be changed by me or isn’t it in the lastest update.
shadha

G’day,

When I updated I did have to go into the SETTINGS - EMAIL - ADVANCED and turn on inbound and outbound certification.

Ewen
I did that and the inbound and outbound certification are still placed as attachements. The other thing which has just started is that Outlook 2003 keeps asking for verification of my password and yet in its setup I have ticked Remember my password. Any thoughts on what this might be.
shadha

Re. the password thingy, that used to happen with Thunderbird V1.5.0.4 if you had several email accounts and you selected CHECK ALL, but it stopped after the update (mostly).

Re. certification, I’d uninstall and reinstall the updated application. If this still doesn’t fix it, I’d email support @comodo.com with any technical details on your system that may help the support guys.

Hope this helps,
ewen :slight_smile:
(WCF3)

Ewen
here is what I have requested from support-

1. the signatures in the emails are still in the form of attachments and not in the email body. I uninstalled CAV and reinstalled it but nothing changed.

2. Outlook 2003 doesn’t want to remember the passwords to my ISP account. I use only two accounts, 1 is with my ISP and the other is with Yahoo. This has only started to happen since I started to use CAV and CPF. Previously I used NOD32 and Outpost 3.5. Can you help as I don’t want to go back to either of these products but support Comodo.

@ shadha,

It seems that Outlook Express now has it in the body and not as an attachment, whereas Outlook is an attachment (or that’s how it is on mine anyway)

Mike

@ panic,

I like what you did with the GUI and it’s good Comodo are changing it to be like this.
(R)

Mike