Comodo AntiTheft: Yahoo not accepted, SSL not a listed option

Tried to set up “TakePicture” for HTC Thunderbolt Android, get “Unable to connect to your SMTP server. Please enter valid SMTP port, server, username…”

Yahoo settings per yahoo:

SMTP server: smtp.mail.yahoo.com
Use SSL
Port: 465
Use authentication

There is no option to set SSL in Anti-Theft that I can see. Without it any attempt to connect to the SMTP server will fail.

Also, in my experience, trying to send an email to myself in yahoo doesn’t work. A copy usually appears in the mail client’s sent folder, however email sent from one client does not appear in other client folders. If I really want to send it to myself, I usually have to send it myself on another email service.

Any suggestions. ???

CAT: V1.0.2221.2
also: Comodo mobile security V1.4.252863.8 CAT

Phone: Android version 2.3.6, HTC Sense version 3.0, Software number: 1.01.1520.0
Kernel Version 2.6.35.14-imoseyon-6.1.0GBS+root@ubuntu #38
Baseband version 1.39.00.0627r, 0.01.69.0625r
Build number: ThunderStick Full Blown v1.1.1
Browser version WebKit/533.1

Since you are experiencing email issues with Yahoo to begin with, I would suggest another mail service (Gmail, Hotmail for example)

yahoo mail works with other android mail readers that provide an SSL option, just not with comodo anti-theft because yahoo wants a secure comnecton with SSL, but that is not a comodo anti-theft option. btw yahoo closed port 25 a long time ago as an anti-spam measure so comodo’s documentation is out of date.
earlier post has current options, but I suspect yahoo would rather have members refer to their help for this information.

Ok, I did some tests and found the solution. Port 465 is for secure ssl email. I changed the port to 587, used full name@yahoo.com in email address and account name fields having done the tick for verification and it works!

Please try this and let me know if it resolves your issue.

Eric